What is a flexible job?
A flexible job allows employees to work with a certain degree of autonomy and have more control over their work schedule, location, and hours. There are several types of flexible working arrangements that employers may offer, including:
- Flexible working hours: This allows employees to work outside of traditional office hours, often with core hours of the day that must be worked.
- Remote work: This allows employees to work from a location outside of the office, such as from home or a co-working space.
- Hybrid work: This combines remote work and in-office work, allowing employees to work both in the office and from a remote location.
- Job sharing: This involves two or more employees sharing the responsibilities of one full-time job.
- Compressed hours: This involves working a full-time schedule on fewer days, such as four 10-hour days instead of five 8-hour days.
- Work From Anywhere schemes: This allows employees to perform their work duties from any location, often associated with working in a different country.