Hi. We’re OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services. We solve the complexity of moving money and enable better decisions. Headquartered in Sydney with offices worldwide, we’re a customer-focused business that is all about inspiring customer confidence.
At OFX, you’ll have the opportunity to reach beyond your role and function across disciplines. Make use of your diverse skill set at a business that values your expertise and turn your potential into reality.
As a leader at OFX, The Head of Europe will play an instrumental role in establishing, driving and managing the ongoing success of our European operations with decision-making and leadership of OFX business activities across Ireland, Germany and future growth regions in Europe (sub-regions). You will lead by example and help to develop and coach the existing team (mix of seniority and skillsets) to reach the ambitious targets for the region.
The role is responsible for delivering the OFX key financial metrics for the European market.
What you'll do:
- Develop local growth and go-to-market strategies for all key customer segments in line with the EMEA strategy, with a particular focus on driving B2B growth
- Head and drive sales for the European region, including building out the team as appropriate.
- Develop the existing team, including coaching and mentoring across the business, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Identify suitable partnership opportunities to drive customer growth and complement existing product capability
- Develop localisation of global and EMEA initiatives
- Manage performance in Europe across a number of qualitative and quantitative metrics (Profit /Revenue, Cost, EBT Margin, New Dealing Clients, Active Clients)
- Oversees P&L management
- Keep abreast and advise on local requirements and regulations that could impact the Europe business
- Develop Go-to-market plans for the launch of new product capability, leveraging learnings and plans from other regions
What you bring:
- 7+ years of experience in Business Development, in managing a division of a large corporation or in a Head of Country/ Region role in a scale-up environment.
- A strategic vision with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and a strong operational focus
- Management skills that include a keen interest in coaching and developing staff
- Working knowledge of financial services in Ireland as well as locations in continental Europe (e.g. Germany, France, Netherlands, Nordics)
- Finance or business degree preferred
- Self-starting, proactive mindset
- Experience overseeing Marketing and other back office functions
- Commercially minded, strategic thinker who can design and execute on a vision to scale the European region.
- Ability to adapt to and lead through fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain environments and complex sales cycles
- Adept at working as both an individual contributor and in a leadership role, creating an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and a cohesive team effort
- Experience independently identifying, structuring, negotiating and closing deals
- Strong pipeline management skills
- Proven success building strong client relationships with key decision-makers using industry, technical and interpersonal skills and knowledge
- An ability to motivate and manage direct and indirect teams of employees across multiple functions, locations and cultures
- Previous sales experience with proven B2B consultative / solution sales experience at medium to enterprise partnership level (ideally in FX payments or financial software sales or API technology)
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer experiences
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a sound ability to present clearly at C-suite level.
What we offer
OFX attracts top talent from all over the globe with over 50 nationalities represented amongst our employees. To thrive here, you'll be a self-starter with a penchant for getting stuff done.
- We offer five (5) full weeks of vacation a year, no questions asked, and we encourage you to use them! Most importantly, we offer the right candidate an opportunity to join our very unique and exciting business that’s shaping the future of International Money Transfers.
- An excellent place to grow your career! We are excited about our growth plans, and the corresponding professional growth opportunities for you!
- Birthday and volunteer days, and a generous global parental leave policy... We want to make sure you have the right balance in your life.
- Stay motivated by knowing your work matters amongst a collaborative, creative and innovative team. We truly believe we're better together
- Bring your big ideas. We're here to listen and we value your insights and contributions, because pushing boundaries is a core value here
- Feel welcome. We believe personal diversity drives future-focused innovation. We're looking for outliers, game-changers and bridge-builders, but don't just take our word for it, apply now, and come check it out for yourself
What it's like working at OFX
We’re OFXers because we want to make a difference. We see challenges as opportunities and we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves to get stuff done. We’re committed to making things easier for our clients, pushing boundaries and continuing to move with the times so that we can continue to inspire confidence every day and through every transaction.
We operate as one team, cross-functionally and globally to drive outcomes that deliver excellence for our customers. We're curious self-starters who love learning and sharing our knowledge with others. We embrace change and use our initiative and resilience to overcome challenges.
- Always keep learning: we offer LinkedIn learning programs, which all OFXers have access to, and we continue to evolve our learning and development programs.
- Giving back: we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them. We celebrate this with an annual volunteer day, that OFXers can use together or individually
- We promote an environment of reward and recognition: OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers’ effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organize events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Our team wants you to feel welcome!
At OFX, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace where we value, respect, and encourage our people to be their authentic selves. With an employee base as diverse as the clients we serve, we know that fostering an inclusive workplace is fundamental to our continued success. If you require accommodation for any portion of the recruitment and hiring process, please email us at email@example.com.
We encourage you to apply if this role aligns with your career aspirations.
We asked employees of OFX UK & Europe how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at OFX UK & Europe
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Dublin, Germany (remote)