Senior Salesforce Engineer
DTS - Dublin Based
Reporting to: Head of Development and App Run Ireland
Bord Gáis Energy generates, sells and trades energy for use in the Republic of Ireland. We’ve been in operation since 1976 and today we supply over 730,000 customers with energy in Ireland. In 2014 we became part of Centrica plc. We are a progressive company with a reputation for experience and expertise in the energy market, and are committed to ensuring that all of our activity is aimed at benefiting and serving our customers.
We have an exciting Senior Salesforce Engineer role within our Bord Gáis Energy Salesforce Application team, responsible for Development and Operational capabilities of the Salesforce platform across Sales, Service and Marketing components. While primarily skilled in Salesforce.com, a general knowledge of the following would also be required: Serverless Technologies AWS / Azure, Integration and microservices. Our team is supporting significant digital transformation across the organisation, including transforming the experience, the technology, and our ways of working. We’re building products that help our customers manage their energy and their homes.
As Senior Salesforce Engineer you’ll be responsible for Development and Operational capabilities of the Salesforce platform. You will maintain, consolidate, optimise, and continuously enhance the Salesforce instance solutions and capability they provide to our business. This Senior role will involve being required to provide oversight and support to multiple scrum teams, including hands on development, while also delivering on strategic vision for Bord Gáis Energy on the Salesforce platform.
About the Role
- Responsible for prioritising and managing own workload, and others as required
- Maintains standards and sets design patterns and implementation approach for projects/programmes to follow and adhere to
- Provide direction to Architects on how the vendor technology roadmap should be mapped and
- implemented according to the business strategy
- Assess the requirements of each individual change raised by the Business. Liaising with the
- Business sponsor and Subject Matters Experts where necessary to gain a full understanding of the
- Business requirements and objectives
- Drive the development of the business, functional, technical roadmaps into design policies
- Works to define a costed and prioritised programme of systems development which supports the
organisation’s objectives and strategic plans
- Ensure the Sales/Service Platform technologies underpinning are performing and evolving in such a way to provide an excellent sales/service journeys for customers across web, app, call centre and partner sales
- Responsible for setting standards for programming tools, techniques, methods, and best practice
- Supports the assessment of system requirements, identifying and addressing any potential issues prior to implementation
- Provides direction and guidance on new and existing development frameworks taking into account considerations for the future
- Actively pursues technology trends and incorporates into the technology roadmap
- Work closely with Senior Solution Architects to document end to end solutions
- Work as part of SCRUM teams to deliver the required functionality across Sales, Service, Fulfilment, Payment, Billing, Support
- Evaluates impact analysis on major design options and proposes approach and implementation strategy. · Completes development deliverables in a timely manner and to the appropriate level of quality so that the delivered solutions are fit-for purpose, can be efficiently supported and the impact of future change requests can be assessed.
- Inputs into plans for Technical Verification/Regression testing plans, as required
- Ensures peer reviews and unit tests are prepared and executed for their own work to the appropriate standards
- Uses understanding and knowledge of budgetary and estimation process to provide effort estimates for own work required to develop software.
- Creates and updates application documentation according to documentation standards.
- Follows change control procedures and puts in place full version control and configuration management to ensure that the production service is not compromised
- Ensures compliance with statutory and company procedures, including security policies.
- Drives and contributes to retrospectives and lessons learnt exercises to move the organisation forward and improve the quality of deliverables
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve development standards, processes, and tools
- Maintains an understanding of relevant industry trends and current knowledge of the technology deployed in the business area
- 10 years advanced Salesforce development (Customisation and Configuration) experience
- 3 - 5 years team lead experience, mentoring, guiding multiple team members
- Technical Architecture and Integration experience – the platform involves multiple integrated systems and 3rd parties.
- Ideally knowledge of wider Sales/Product Catalogue/Payment/Billing platforms
- Understanding of Sales lifecycle and product modelling – propositions, offers, subscriptions etc.
- Understanding of key billing and payment concepts – payment methods, integration with payment gateways, the role of payment gateways, card issuers etc
- Understanding of key fulfilment concepts – SKUs, Warehouse concepts etc
- Understanding of the role of machine learning and AI in a Sales context
- Understanding of metrics required to measure Sales technology effectiveness to ‘close the loop’ and constantly optimise activity
- Strong technical “guru level” knowledge across Salesforce technologies - Lightning Web Components, Aura, Apex, SOQL
- JEST knowledge nice to have but not essential
- Deep understanding of Git Branch workflow
- Azure Dev ops experience for CI/CD, including automation pipelines
- Demonstrate an appetite to learn and be adept at learning new technologies such as Energy & ,Utilities cloud, velocity
- Process driven, structured and an analytical approach.
- Ability to engage, build and sustain stakeholder relationships.
- Experience within Utilities / Insurance / Telco desirable.
- Wider functional and technical knowledge in utilities/insurance/telco domains
Bord Gáis Energy are committed to placing equality, diversity, care and respect at the heart of our policies and everyday practices. We encourage everyone to take part in our active employee networks, including the Women's network, REACH (Race, Ethnicity, & Cultural Heritage) network, Neurodiversity network, Carer’s network, and BRÓD, our LGBTQ+ network. We're proud of the work our networks and allies do to help us promote a culture of inclusion, empowering our colleagues to be themselves and do their best work. Our vision is to employ a diverse mix of people who reflect the societies we work in and the customers we serve, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Our Flexible First working model empowers our people to find a better balance between home and office working. You can enjoy the convenience of working from home combined with time spent onsite in a way that works for you, our customers, and our business. Our office is used as a place to connect and collaborate with colleagues, rather than your default place of work each day.
Here in Bord Gáis Energy we’re helping to create a more sustainable and inclusive future that supports our communities, our planet – and each other. The prevention of family homelessness in Ireland is an area where we believe we can make a real difference and through our partnership with Focus Ireland, we have been working on making this a reality since 2015. We encourage all colleagues to get involved in the partnership, with everyone receiving 2 days' volunteering leave to participate in initiatives or events supporting Focus Ireland.
care | delivery | collaboration | agility | courage
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 5 December 2023.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull