We’re on a mission to make the world's videos watchable in any language
Papercup uses AI to dub videos into other languages using the most human sounding synthetic voices you've ever heard.
Leaders in entertainment, news, and enterprise, such as Jamie Oliver, Business Insider and Bloomberg, use Papercup every day to leap language barriers and engage more deeply with their international audiences. Last year alone over 900 million people watched videos translated by Papercup. But this is just the start - billions of hours of video and audio content are stuck in a single language - our technology will fundamentally change that and make videos watchable in any language.
We’re more than just an AI startup - we also care deeply about our people. We want people to feel fulfilled, rewarded and genuinely happy at Papercup. That’s why creating and fostering the right culture matters to us and why we’re committed to building a company that people are proud to work for.
If you want to work on a game changing technology and you care about working with a fun, smart and humble team, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for the founding-member of our US team and LA office! This person is an outstanding individual contributor with a history of exceeding targets, with the ability to operate in a hyper-growth environment. Individuals should be able to close a wide-spectrum of deals from small, high-velocity and high-cadence wins through to complex larger enterprise-grade deals with complex deal terms and structures.
At it’s core we are looking for people that aren’t afraid of large targets and are comfortable with end-to-end ownership of the sales process - from pipeline generation, through to managing stakeholders and closing business. We want an individual who can operate in a high-octane way and help us pace set our efforts across segments within Media & Entertainment, and be the standard bearer for our US operations.
An ideal candidate would have experience selling into M&E in the past, specifically around content acquisition or in social media/YouTube
- Direct revenue responsibility in a segment of our business across FAST/Streaming, Digital Media for an LA-centric book of business
- Origination of net new opportunities in our core markets and specific territories
- Working with demand-generation and BDR colleagues to help drive outbound and field-event driven opportunities
- Qualification of right-sized opportunities that fit the capabilities of our product
- Credibility to present solution to senior executives in prospect meetings
- Ability to actively manage and forecast an end to end sales pipeline
- Consistent high-quality interactions and presentations with stakeholders through the funnel
- Curious attitude to continually qualify and discover new information on opportunities with strong instincts on deal risks
- High level of responsiveness throughout the entire deal process
- Detective-like research skills to enable effective follow up and deal strategy
- Desire to get stuck into the nitty-gritty details of deals such as contractual terms, ROI calculators and proposal/pitch-deck development
Founding Commercial Teammate
- Support your London based colleagues by meeting with their prospects and customers to help accelerate deals and deepen relationships
- Become a culture standard-bearer in our Los Angeles and broader US team by doing what you can to stay connected across the pond
What we look for from you:
- Meaningful experience at a hyper-growth start-up/scale-up environment
- Consistent track record of overachievement against targets in B2B sales, ideally 3 years + as an individual contributor with revenue responsibility (eg Account Executive or Sales Manager)
- Strong presentation skills and ability to persuade and influence stakeholders across seniority and localisation proficiency
- Hyper professional with strong attention to detail and confidence
- An obsession with results and hitting targets
- Hyper-organized attitude that encourages meticulous deal and data hygiene to ensure our customers and internal team partners can reference our data
- Strong verbal reasoning and numeracy skills in order to communicate value back to our prospects across bases
Nice to Have
- Experience selling into Media & Entertainment and/or Sports
- Experience selling in the FAST realm
- Experience selling solutions that generate ROI in YouTube, Snapchat or on Meta
- Experience in an environment using MEDDPICCR (or some variation)
- Experience in localisation or the broader dubbing world
We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary of $100,000 - $120,000 depending on experience, OTE up to $240,000
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Private medical cover
- Options granted to everyone to benefit from the growth and success of the business
- The opportunity to learn - enroll in courses or conferences or take a reading week to improve your skills
- Regular team socials, annual offsites
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Papercup provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Papercup is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Papercup
Gender diversity (male:female)
London - Aldgate
$20m Series A