Digital Commerce (DCom) is set to represent 35%+ of all CPG sales in the not-too-distant future and is a must-win channel. Mars Wrigley has an ambition to more than triple its DCom business over the coming years and igniting growth in the on-demand delivery space is one of the strategic opportunities we will capitalize on to help us achieve this lofty goal.
To enable our ambition, we’ve created a Global Center of Acceleration (CoA) that works together with markets, regions, and cross-functional partners to develop strategies and plans to fuel faster growth. As the Global Director of On-Demand Delivery, you’ll have the chance to:
• Lead the strategy and execution plans to build a high growth $1B+ business.
• Partner with 25+ markets and our most strategic customers via global JBPs.
• Serve as the go-to-expert on all things on-demand delivery at Mars Wrigley.
• Be part of a team that is pioneering the future of retail and having fun doing it!
This position reports to the Global VP, DCom Customers & Platforms and is an essential member of the extended Global DCom Leadership Team.
• Lead global collaboration and joint business planning agreements with strategic partners including Uber, Delivery Hero & Getir.
• Partner with brand, media, category leadership, and insights teams to create digital impulse and integrated brand experiences that will win with shoppers.
• Drive new business development in emerging spaces for the on-demand delivery channel including partnerships with restaurants, retailers, and other manufacturers.
• Develop the global strategy including where to play, how to win, and key enablers for on-demand delivery as well as the acceleration plan to achieve $1B+ in worldwide sales.
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team to build advanced analytics capabilities aiming to make smarter, faster decisions that will enable faster growth and optimized marketing investments.
• Lead the global on-demand delivery community of practice across 25+ markets.
• Drive thought leadership, repeatable models, best-practice sharing, and playbook development across regions & markets.
• Build network with external partners and non-competitors to bring the outside-in.
• Track record of successfully scaling an on-demand delivery business.
• Proven success in key account management and/or customer collaboration via joint business planning.
• Expertise in digital marketing, media activation, and/or integrated brand experiences.
• Experience building out strategy, processes, playbooks, and tools to inspire A+ execution.
• Working knowledge of marketing research with emphasis on using shopper & customer insights to unlock competitive growth.
• Confident and compelling communicator with strong writing and presentation skills.
• Ability to thrive in a large, matrixed organization with complex stakeholder groups including a global/regional/local operating model.
• A natural team builder who has led communities of practice and learning programs to new heights.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth