Business Development Manager (Mandarin Fluency) - Southern Region Ireland
At Flipdish, we’re turning the tables in favour of independent restaurant and takeaway owners by providing them with the tools t
hey need to make their lives easier. We provide our customers with a suite of powerful, but straightforward tech along with (real human) support, so they can thrive on their own terms.
Everything we do is designed to make running a restaurant satisfyingly simple, in a world that’s anything but.
About this role…
Flipdish is currently seeking a motivated and driven Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing Asian sales team. Your role will be out prospecting, demoing, closing deals face to face and remotely. You will also work closely with our Activations team focused on providing an A class service across the department. You will work in partnership with our customer success team ensuring that our clients are set up for success with the Flipdish platform.
In this job, you’ll…
- You will be responsible for the full sales cycle, where you will be out prospecting, demoing, closing deals face to face and remotely.
- Manage a pipeline of qualified leads to build relationships with potential clients.
- Be part of a small but high-performing team closing a large number of opportunities each month.
- Identify and understand users’ pain points to propose Flipdish solutions and own the full sales cycle, from business case development to close, including commercial negotiations.
- Run product demos and sales presentations that effectively showcase the features and benefits of Flipdish's suite of products.
- Communicate the unique value proposition of our products and address any concerns or objections prospects may have. In addition, you will need to be able to answer competitive questions, demonstrating a deep knowledge of our industry and the competitive landscape.
- Liaise with our Product team and Marketing team to stay up-to-date with new features and product launches.
- You will work in partnership with our customer success team ensuring that our clients are set up for success with the Flipdish platform.
- Instrumental in influencing future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Manage key metrics that feed into team-based goals around customer retention, growth, and advocacy
- Identifying and generating new business opportunities by engaging with prospects through calls, emails, webinars, and face-to-face meetings
- Cold calling prospects generated via various marketing strategies and tools
- Identify key decision-makers and influencers to target
- Nurture new marketing leads until they are ready to be passed onto Account Executives
- Work closely with senior sales members to grow sales pipeline
- Managing data of prospective clients in our CRM system, ensuring all communications are logged and information is accurate
We’re looking for…
- You will be a high-achiever with experience in sales and account management, or project management position.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English is mandatory - you will be talking to our customers after all!
- Must be results-focused with a can-do-attitude
- An impeccable communicator: you have to be comfortable talking to people and maintaining good relationships, since the majority of your time will be spent chatting to prospects and building rapport with them.
- Flexibility - being able to adapt to changing priorities and excellent communication skills, both internally with the Flipdish team and externally with our clients, are essential.
- Great at solving problems: You’re the kind of person that, when in a pickle, rather than throw up your hands and give up, you soldier on, determined to solve the issue at hand.
- Goal-oriented: You have to be comfortable hitting quotas, and therefore, need to have experience setting goals and following them through.
- Negotiation: A prospect wants to negotiate the terms before signing a contract? No problem, you’ve got what it takes to find middle ground with the prospect and get them to the finish line. In other words, you’re a pro at persuasion and negotiation.
- Ambitious, driven and hungry for success and quick career development
- Holding an Irish Driver Licence is essential
What you get
We’re a growing startup and we understand that amazing incentives will attract amazing talent. As well as the perks, we provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth. If you’re smart, ambitious, and hard-working, we’ll do whatever it takes to make you a Flipdisher!
Some of our incentives include:
🏡 Hub model - we encourage a healthy blend of hub & home working
🌴25 days holidays per year and plenty of company get togethers!
❤️🩹 Healthcare coverage for UK, Ireland, and US based employees
🎭 Team meet-ups and social events
🔗 You can read more about our benefits here
🦄 About Flipdish
We’re Flipdish, an Irish unicorn (valued at over $1bn), serving independent restaurants in a world transformed by tech. No matter how fast Flipdish has grown, we’ve evolved around our customers and their needs. We’re not just an end-to-end ecosystem of technology, but a team committed to supporting people in the food industry.
We go to great lengths to understand our customers (check out our C-suite on work experience). We’re food industry natives. We’ve worked in busy kitchens and run busy restaurant franchises. We don’t just help our customers deal with real life problems, we give them a way of competing with the big chains, growing on their own terms, and falling back in love with what they do.
At this point, you might expect the usual spiel about how great a place Flipdish is to work at and how great our work culture is (and it is!). But, this all depends on our employees. And that’s because we trust our employees to define what sort of an employer Flipdish is.
Transparency is hugely important to us. We listen to one another. We collaborate. And we give everyone a way to grow their careers through a supportive environment.
We’re a company that values diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing as standard. We believe in balance, not burnout. And all permanent employees qualify for our share scheme because we share our success.
We’re flexible employers. We certainly encourage flexibility where possible and combine this with beautiful offices in bustling cities like London, Dublin & Karachi. We’re focused on getting the most out of our time together, output and team energy is at the heart of our hub based philosophy - not an attendance ticking exercise!
So, if you want to join a genuinely friendly team, take a look at our current openings and get in touch. And if you don’t see an opening just yet, do get in touch and register your interest with us anyway. We’ll be in touch as soon as something suitable opens up.
🙈Don’t be shy. Apply.
We know that imposter syndrome can be a thing. Don’t let it be. We want enthusiastic people from all backgrounds. If you feel like you’re up for working with us, get in touch.
We also understand neurodivergent candidates might need assistance. That’s not a problem in the slightest. Just reach out to us, we’d love to hear from you.
We asked employees of Flipdish how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Flipdish
Gender diversity (male:female)
Implementing initiatives to reach our 50:50 goal
Remote Friendly with offices in Dublin, London, Liverpool & Manchester
$100m (Series C) investment from Tencent, and Tiger Global, and we couldn’t be more excited. (Jan 2022)