We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the team
At carwow’s we help our customers to navigate all aspects of the car buying journey, and that also includes helping them to sell their existing car. Customers can list their cars on our site, and our network of trusted dealers, who are always looking for great cars, bid to buy them. Once a price is agreed, we help to make the hand the handover as smooth as possible. Not only do we want to have the best experience for car owners, but we also want to be the best place for our dealer partners to acquire stock. Sometimes it feels like we’re just getting started but we’ve already come a really long way, growing this part of our business by over 100% each year.
Online auctions like ours are still a relatively new way to sell a car or for a dealer to buy one, and so we’re at the forefront of changing an industry. Being part of the Sell My Car team means being part of a really dynamic and focused group who are passionate about navigating this new way of doing things and committed to getting it right - for customers and dealers. We’re changing our business almost daily and so we work together really collaboratively to understand what needs to be done and how we’re going to do it. We love solving problems and figuring out, every day ‘how to make it better’. And you can see the results of that approach in what our customers say about us on TrustPilot.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated individual to join our commercial partner facing team at carwow in the senior role of Partnership Account Director. We’re really proud to have a brilliant commercial team, many of whom have been at carwow for over 5 years. They value the independence and flexibility of their roles and are amazing ambassadors for our business and products across the automotive industry. You will be joining a highly motivated, committed team who enjoy spending time together as much as they do with our industry partners.
In this role you will hold and develop collaborative working relationships with the senior leadership of our retail partners (car dealer groups), embedding carwow as their most efficient, effective & valued partner for buying cars.
Unlike traditional industry stock sourcing solutions, like trade auctions, our stock sourcing tool allows dealers to buy cars directly from owners who list them on our site. We’re very much the newest entrant and disruptor in this space and our partners tell us that in a world where used cars are increasingly hard to get hold of, they love the opportunity to access stock they might not get through part exchange. But buying cars in this way, from platforms like us, is relatively new to the industry and so they also tell us that they value our close and collaborative working relationship that helps them (and us) to work through the challenge of operating differently. Our ethos of working closely to support our partners is evident through our regular dealer councils and the constant high quality conversations that are a core part of this role.
Our partners are central to our success, and you’ll be helping to make that happen. You will work autonomously in the field, growing accounts to meet targets working across your dealerships to deliver results for our partners and ensure that working with our platform is as efficient for partners as it can be. You’ll be working alongside Account Managers who support the buyers in your dealership on a day to day basis and our marketplace team who support with data and intelligence on account performance.
As a part of the carwow commercial team you will help to inform our strategy and insights from your conversations will help us to constantly innovate and develop and improve our product and service offering.
- To open up and develop new partner relationships with target organisations using internal and external networking levers
- To fully understand the carwow stock buying solution and where it stands in the market and be able to deliver highly polished and engaging sales presentations
- To embed carwow into the heart of all Dealer Partners as one of their most valued stock sourcing solutions
- To deliver long term sustained revenue growth by increasing the number of the buyers on the platform and the volume of stock buying across your retailer network
- To provide an outstanding level of account management to our partners and help them achieve their commercial objectives by thoroughly understanding the fundamentals of their businesses
- To work closely with the Account Managers to help them deliver on joint business plans, identify areas of challenge and work these through at senior levels of the organisation
- To develop strong, trusted relationships with the largest group contacts
- To effectively manage CRM through Salesforce to maintain accurately & up to date data for you and your team.
- To generate and collate contributions to product innovation and marketing initiatives.
- To develop & maintain an in-depth understanding of how the automotive industry works
- A strong communicator
- Energetic & enthusiastic, able to help other navigate change
- Highly driven, motivated to win
- Commercially focused, numerate
- An active listener with a high level of integrity
- Strong influencer
- Emotionally intelligent
- Focused on the success of others
- Solution-oriented – a problem solver
- What you'll need
- Experienced influencer and negotiator, with strong account management experience
- Ability to analyse and manipulate data to identify and communicate opportunities and risks and deploy growth strategies.
- Strong, flexible communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritise effectively to deliver on goals and objectives set
- A high level of business acumen, analytical skills and a problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable leadership style to positively lead teams through change
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021