We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
The IT team at carwow is key to ensuring our people have access to the best hardware, software, and support in order to perform well in their roles. As we continue to scale and onboard more talented folk, it is essential we're able to continue offering a speedy and high-quality level of service to our users - keeping issues and downtime to a minimum. We're looking for a Junior IT Technician person with a proactive, can-do attitude to help assist the existing IT team in shaping and defining how we provide support in a blended Windows and macOS environment. Reporting to our Head of IT & Security, you'll be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for IT support in the office and remotely
- Responding and escalating tickets on our helpdesk system
- Access control and setting up new accounts/permissions across most platforms in use at carwow, i.e. with single sign-on with Okta, etc
- Onboarding and offboarding people and creating a great experience for new hires
- Fixing and administrating laptops and other devices (macOS and Windows)
- Purchasing new equipment and maintaining stock levels
- Maintaining and improving office IT equipment, printers, audiovisual, meeting room equipment, cabling, etc
Whilst experience in a similar IT support role is a nice to have, we're ideally looking for someone with a positive attitude and passion for providing the best user support experience.
- Curious mindset towards IT and how to make things better
- A customer service approach and clear communications
- Good level of understanding of Windows and Mac OS
- A passion for bringing new ideas into a team and improving existing processes
- Strong attention to detail, you don't like it when even the little things are left unfinished
Bonus points for;
- previous helpdesk experience
- basic knowledge of networking
- IT / computing related academics/qualifications
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021