As a Quality Assurance Engineer on a Frontend team, you are part of a Software Development Team, responsible for the full lifecycle of an application. Working in a team formed by Developers, a Delivery Manager and a Product Owner, you will contribute to deliver with quality and pace. Your mission will be to improve our ability to test efficiently as well as enhancing the product and customer experience.
You'll have a decisive role in the automation strategy of your team and project, so you must have a proven track record of software testing for fast paced organizations where time to market, quality and rapid change are critical to the company's success.
- Act as a partner on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale, and with the demanded quality to support our products
- Analyze requirements and user stories with a critical mindset, identifying possible gaps and being ready to collaborate with Product Owner
- Create testing strategies for new features or architectural changes
- Specify test cases for user stories to assure a good coverage of automated tests
- Write and maintain test automation and test scripts
What We're Looking For...
- Proven-track record as an effective Quality Engineer in complex software development projects
- Demonstrable experience of both manual and automated testing methods
- Test-driven development techniques (e.g. BDD and ATDD)
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git
- Able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented and collaborative environment
- You are proactive and ready to adapt to changing priorities and rapid change
- Proven clear and confident communication skills.
We'd love to see...
- Experience of testing at API layers (e.g. REST)
- Experience working in CI/CD with tools such as Jenkins or GoCD
- Comfortable with Linux navigation and script automation using shell
- Understanding of build and configuration tools such as Jenkins, CHEF and Ansible
- Knowledge on Amazon Web Services
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Blip provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Blip is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Blip
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"Blip is a pioneer in flexible working practises in Porto, Portugal. The company really cares for the workers' wellbeing and translates that in to effective work."
Delivery Manager at Blip