As a Platform Tech Automation and NMS you will spearhead an agile platform delivery team, leading and overseeing the development and delivery of orchestration, automation and NMS platforms key to supporting our digital network transformation.
You will work in close collaboration with stakeholders, Platform Owners, and other technical teams to develop and manage high-quality mission-critical automation platforms that support multiple consumer-facing products and to also manage, modernise and rationalise our NMS estate
Your role will involve transforming the way we work to accelerate software delivery speed, improve quality and reducing cost using both agile software delivery and platform engineering best practice. You will work in close collaboration with our Digital Network Products team delivering open and intuitive platforms to optimise developer experience enabling high value products.
Who we are
The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Proven experience in software development and system architecture in the Telco OSS domain.
- Strong background in DevOps practices, including test automation, pipelines, source control, and cultural change.
- Solid understanding of Platform Engineering and its applicability to OSS.
- Working experience and knowledge of public, private and hybrid cloud providers, technologies and services including containerisation (Docker, K8’s etc) and also a working understanding of data and application frameworks on cloud, particularly GCP.
- Knowledge of telecom industry standards, protocols, and technologies.
- Working knowledge and experience of working with a variety of NMS vendors (Ericsson, Nokia, Mavenir etc) and Automation / Orchestration Solutions (Cisco NSO, Itential Automation Platform etc)
- Ability to think big and deploy methodologies when necessary.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in a tech lead or org lead tech role.
- Results-oriented with a strong desire to deliver on task ownership while meeting tight deadlines
The other stuff we are looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Process Design and Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Network Platform Tools
- Telecom Networks, Technologies, and Standards
. What's in it for you
Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include video interviews with the team.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading