Remote-first - With Office for Co-Working
Fully flexible hours
Working with Support colleagues in the UK, US and Malaysia, you will be responsible for the administration of online support queries for Emerald’s electronic products and maintaining a front-line service for our customers. You will also be involved in providing quality assurance testing for new and existing electronic products and be the voice of the customer when escalating bugs to the Platform team.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Ensure all customer queries into the support desk are responded to in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Ensure that customer access to the website is set up correctly once their account and subscription details are active
- Set up and amend trial access to Emerald’s products for new and existing customers
- Set up and amend journal access to Emerald’s products for our author community
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of Emerald’s electronic products/services, business models and web sites
- Assist customers with general website use, usage reports, profile creation and site navigation
- Subject matter expert for functional areas of the Emerald website including search, browse, library administration, e-commerce, customer access and authentication
- Investigate ways in which the department can improve customer support services by either amending current processes or implementing new ones
- Ensure that help files are maintained in line with developments of the Emerald web platform
- Help with the standardization of responses to customer queries to improve departmental efficiency and consistency
- Raise bugs, incidents and change requests where appropriate, ensuring escalation procedures are adhered to.
You’ll need to have:
- Prior experience within a web customer support/service role is essential (Minimum 1 year)
- The successful candidate will have excellent IT skills, be familiar with web technologies and have the ability to learn new systems quickly
- You must have excellent communication skills and be able to articulate technical and sometimes complex issues in a user-friendly manner
- A working knowledge of federated access through OpenAthens/Shibboleth (SAML 2.0) would be advantageous
- You must be well organized and adaptable to the changing demands of the role
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential and the ability to think logically is vital
- Must be committed to delivering exceptional customer service in line with Emerald Group Solutions values
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.