We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our team in London.
- Opportunity to lead the design and development of innovative applications.
- We are a very fast-growing Series A startup with investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) and Demis Hassabis (founder of DeepMind).
- Base salary of £80-100k depending on experience, along with 'early stage' equity package.
- Flexible working hours & locations - so long as you can do our core hours of 11am-3pm GMT Mon-Fri, we’re happy.
- Central London office with private roof terrace - though working from home/elsewhere is fine too.
- Enhanced benefits package including (for example) private medical insurance, unlimited holiday allowance, annual retreat, enhanced family and sick leave policies.
Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer:
As a key contributor to our platform you will be collaborating with other Engineers & the Product team to build, improve and maintain our products, as well as working closely with Researchers and Data Scientists to develop new capabilities. Working in a cross-functional, agile way, we ensure all our team members have the best access to information, resources and opportunities for development
You will have the opportunity to hone your skills designing & building sophisticated services tackling critical problems. Using datasets containing huge quantities of graph data you will have the opportunity to impact how we help improve an entire industry and drive positive change.
Our purpose is to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, powered by our deep learning technology and its unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We’re on a mission to change how construction projects are planned, managed and executed, and in the process unlock a trillion dollars of new project value for the world through our data-driven forecasting.
We’re lucky to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which gives us both an opportunity and a privilege to make a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, every day.
You’ll be joining a world class and well funded team, backed by top investors including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures) that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last five years, and following our latest investment round we’ve got very ambitious growth plans for 2024 and beyond.
About the role:
- Design and implement scalable, performant and maintainable features and products, from concept to deployment
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other stakeholders to define, refine and prioritise software requirements
- Lead the development of features, taking ownership of code quality, performance and security
- Contribute to a culture of technical excellence and continuous improvement
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues and bugs as they arise
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and frameworks, such as React, Python, and Typescript
- Skilled in handling and analysing large datasets
- Proficient in working with service-oriented architectures
- Well-versed in cloud computing platforms
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Possesses excellent communication and teamwork capabilities
- Self-driven, inquisitive, and action-oriented
- Please mention the word ‘crane’ in your application
- Proficient in Go and Rust languages
- Possesses a working knowledge of Google Cloud services
- Skilled in working with queues and batch processing
- Experienced in DevOps practices and tools
- Knowledge of LLM tools such as Langchain and other ways of constructing prompt-powered products
What your typical work week will be like:
As a vital part of our cross-functional team, you'll start each sprint with a comprehensive planning session, aligning the sprint goal with company and team roadmaps. Throughout the sprint, you'll collaborate with colleagues building and refining the backlog, attend Guild meetings, and discuss technical feasibility with Product Managers. You'll also enjoy lunch at the office, share a few laughs with Google Meet filters, conduct code reviews on GitHub, and have dedicated, interruption-free coding time. At the end of the sprint, you may have the chance to highlight your team's achievements during the company-wide Friday celebration and give a shout out on slack to anyone making outstanding contributions.
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a relatively small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, monthly team meals and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
A note on diversity, equity and Inclusion:
We are working hard to create a workplace that is inclusive to everyone, no matter their background, or where they are in life. We believe that only a truly diverse place can create great products that serve a wide audience and improve the world.
We believe in equality of opportunities and that's why we make sure that these ideas are reflected in our values, and that we really apply these in all aspects of our company culture.
If you have a need for any adjustments during our interview process, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate them.
We asked employees of nPlan how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at nPlan
Gender diversity (male:female)