Reporting to the Vice President – Commercial, the Business Support Coordinator - Security/Commercial supports management of security processes as an alternate company security officer (ACSO). This includes personnel security, facility security, visit requests (VCR), Controlled Goods and company secure holdings. This role has secondary responsibility supporting issues related to commercial functions including ISO compliance (9001, 45001, 14001 and 27001), procurement activities, contract management and facilities and infrastructure management.
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Perform duties of Alternate Company Security Officer (ACSO) and the Controlled Goods Designated Official.
· Ensure compliance with Public Services Procurement Canada’s Industrial Security Manual and Company Security Policies.
· Complete and submit Personnel Security Screening documentation.
· Onboard staff providing security briefings.
· Administer employee security training program.
· Manage all documentation related to security.
· Co-ordinate Visitor Clearance Requests.
· Assist the Company Security Officer (CSO) in preparation of documentation supporting Facility Security Clearance (FSC) and D Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
· Secondary and support activities of the role will be related to other commercial activities including contract and subcontract administration, procurement activities, facilities operations and quality system functions.
· Employment status: Permanent full-time
· Hours of Work: 38.75/week
· Office location: Kanata, Ontario
· Hybrid work available with minimum two days in the office.
Authority, Accountability and Working Relationships
The role is responsible and accountable to:
Vice President, Commercial
Required to forge effective working relationships with:
· Business Support Team members
· GBS Commercial Team
· All BMT employees
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills
· Two years experience supporting security operations preferably in the Canadian Defence sector.
· Proficient in the use of Online Industrial Security Services portal (OLISS)
· Alternate Company Security Officer training
· Controlled Goods Program training
· Designated Official certification.
· Familiarity with the Industrial Security Manual, Contract Security Program and Contract Security Manual
· NATO Secret clearance or ability to be cleared to NATO Secret
· Excellent English language skills verbal and written.
· Knowledge of supporting security disciplines, including document control, visit certifications, personnel security processing, and security processes and procedures.
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent time management skills, including the ability to work under pressure.
· Adept at using MS Office
- Exposure to contract management in the professional services sector
· Experience administering Quality Management Systems
· Exposure to ITAR
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow