Campaign Leads are a catalyst to drive sustainable growth and integrate change across BMT; this is a priority for the business.
The Ports and Coastal Infrastructure Campaign Lead is charged with the leadership of BMT’s Ports and Coastal Infrastructure Campaign and delegated responsibility for the delivery of the Campaign objectives to demonstrate the return on investment as stated in the Campaign business case.
The Campaign objectives can be summarised as:
· Understand BMT’s existing global capabilities across maritime infrastructure and environmental consulting and build an integrated value proposition to approach the global offshore market, with a keen focus on emerging coastal energy hubs.
· Work with BMT’s 3 key regions (UK/EU, APAC, and North America) to establish and/or build capability in areas that drive BMT growth into existing or new customer accounts, targeting Top Tier level of supply chain.
· Lead global customer engagement and marketing activities to build our brand awareness and develop network of new customers.
· Work with the strategy team and regional stakeholders to identify innovation business cases that will drive differentiation of BMT’s value proposition.
The Campaign Lead will act as the focal point directing cross-functional teams in the pursuit of the campaign objectives. The Campaign lead will drive internal change; integrate activity; act as a catalyst; inspire others internally and externally about the new BMT offer; ‘bring the pieces of the puzzle together’. Success in this role demands a strong strategic and analytical orientation coupled with exceptional communication skills as well as a highly developed collaborative nature to drive change and deliver benefits. With an intimate understanding of relevant markets and customer behaviours, the Campaign Lead will harness BMT’s ambition for sustained growth through driving business development, whilst providing detailed feedback and innovative thinking to Future Business, Strategy and Programmes teams to drive capability, technical outputs, broader business improvements and grow orders.
In addition to these duties, the post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
· Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to translate market trends into profitable business decisions in a result driven environment.
· Relevant technical knowledge to show credibility with external audience.
· Demonstrable experience of building appropriate and effective local and international networks; adept at building strong relationships within BMT, with customers and with partners to draw value from the full breadth of our global capability; capable of engaging with senior client stakeholders.
· Collaborative, visionary and inclusive leader with an entrepreneurial spirit. Proven track record of being able to quickly influence, energise and motivate others.
· Ability to establish positive and effective working.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills to allow delivery of complex messages which must be easily digestible, unambiguous, engaging and informative to a range of audiences inside and outside of BMT.
· Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills which can be applied to dynamic priorities, supporting changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
· Personal drive, inquisitiveness, and an appetite to further grow a successful business.
· A strong preference will be for candidates with a solid understanding of the Ports and Coastal Infrastructure Market, key stakeholders, and supply chain organization, with an existing network of contacts in this space, alongside a proven track record of developing new customers.
· Understanding of engineering and technology led consultancy businesses operating in the ports and coastal infrastructure sector, focused on the customer/market challenges and the opportunities that the sector can generate for BMT
Authority, Accountability and Working Relationships
The role is responsible and accountable to:
BD and Campaigns Director for Infrastructure and Environment
The role will be line managed by:
BD and Campaigns Director for Infrastructure and Environment
Required to forge effective working relationships with:
· Current and potential customers and partners
· Strategy team
· Future Business Lead Team and members of the Future Business Community across BMT
· The Capability leads and Programmes delivery teams
· Members of the BMT Senior Leadership Team (as part of matrix management)
· A core 37.5 hours per week.
· Located within one of BMT’s global offices – home working supported.
· Local and international travel as required.
BMT is open and committed to discussing flexible working. We believe that everyone performs at their best when they have the flexibility to make working for BMT work best for them.This is a hybrid job but at times requires to be in the office.
BMT hires talented people and welcomes applications from everyone. At this time, we particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian, Minority ethnic, female, and non-binary candidates as we are underrepresented in these groups.
We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving our purpose as a business which is to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time (to find out more click here). Our passion and goal are to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving and feel a sense of belonging.
Our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy is a business imperative for us. We have established D&I forums and an LGBTQ+ Network and will continue to build out Employee Network Groups across other communities to represent and support diversity within our workforce.
At BMT, our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, dental, vison, life insurance, long term disability, short term disability, health care flexible spending account, dependent care reimbursement plan, 401k, PTO, 9 holidays, plus 1 floating holiday and professional development opportunities.
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow