Want to join us?
Here at Atom we are continuing to deliver a tailored, data-driven financial toolkit for SMEs alongside a suite of Smart Lending products underpinned by Atom’s unique smart contract technology and machine learning capabilities. We are hiring a Business Analyst to be part of a cross-functional team helping bring this exciting proposition to market.
As a Business Analyst you’ll be the driving force behind delivering tangible value through defining, scoping and investigating business problems & opportunities assigned by the Business Banking Value Stream Product Manager and Technical Delivery Manager.
Your activity will be aligned to the Business Banking Value Stream with a view to ensuring thorough impact assessments are undertaken and impacted stakeholders are identified and consulted. You’ll own the change for the entirety of the Product lifecycle including requirements gathering, process definition and full end to end traceability through to implementation.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Identify and agree appropriate business analysis approach on a given project/change initiative with the Technical Delivery Manager and Lead Business Analyst
- Perform capability assessment against current business system and functionality to provide a view of initiative viability
- Drive decision making within the requirements gathering and process definition exercises to ensure adherence to plan timelines
- Perform business impact analysis to provide the Product Manager & Technical Delivery Manager with a high-level view on the sizing and complexity of a project/initiative, to assist with the assessment of the overall viability
- Investigate & critically assess business problem/opportunity against strategic planning and change priorities
- Liaise with architecture to validate solution design against requirements.
- Facilitate and support prioritisation exercises to define MVP and further iterations
- Ensure standards, policies and frameworks are adhered too through collaboration with 3 levels of defence
- Support in the speedy and efficient movement of business requirements through the sprint cycle
What do we need from you?
- Considerable experience in a Business Analyst role
- Proficient knowledge in Agile & Waterfall SDLC and approaches to requirement gathering or user story capture in these
- Have a strong understanding and practical experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Possess excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Be analytically minded and a problem solver
- Have the ability to build rapport with business stakeholders and influence and drive decision making
- Proficient with Confluence/Jira
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London