The Credit Risk Operational Control Lead is responsible for ensuring that operationally the E2E credit proposition consistently delivers Good Customer Outcomes, meets regulatory requirements and delivers on service levels. The role-holder will supervise Conduct MI related to the delivery of the credit proposition and ensure appropriate actions are taken across the VMO2 business and with suppliers to run and mitigate risks to Good Customer Outcomes whilst ensuring that credit upholds the FCA’s Consumer Duty Outcomes.
In this role you’ll be committed to embedding control frameworks to ensure that credit upholds the FCA’s TCF principles. Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring of Conduct Outcome MI, identify indicators of potential harm, investigating, putting in place actions with owners and tracking actions to close
- Production of conduct risk dashboards for VMO2 Credit developing reporting for Credit Operations Committee, encouraging through to the core Compliance function, ensuring that metrics are relevant and informative
- Support periodic reviews of the outcomes and metrics to re-evaluate known risks / identify emerging risks and coordinate the delivery of action plans to adequately mitigate
- Build close collaborative relationships with operational areas associated with the delivery of the credit proposition (retail networks, contact centres, ITSM, suppliers)
- Supervise Credit service standards across VMO2 (e.g customer satisfaction levels, complaints handling, IT and Ops SLAs)
- Support in cross functional projects to improve the quality of operational service that leads to an overall improvement in the quality of the Credit proposition
- Establish strong working relationships across VMO2 to ensure good awareness of Conduct Outcome landscape, incidents/breaches (E.g.: Internal audit, Compliance, Second line, Support functions, Incident/Service Desk, Credit Senior Management team)
- Act as a subject matter expert within the credit team to ensure new initiatives are compliant
- Hold the Credit partner organisations to account to deliver on their agreed commitments and establish remediation plans where standards are not met (e.g. IT / Ops SLAs, outsource partners)
Who we are
The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer, and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment within the UK financial services sector
- Knowledge of FCA Consumer Duty and how this translates into delivering good customer outcomes
- Previous experience of working in UK POS finance / Consumer Credit markets
- Experience in running business risk or conduct risk frameworks within a large organization
- Proven experience and dedication to ensuring good customer outcomes are delivered across multiple business functions
The other stuff we are looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
What's in it for you
Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include communication from the recruiter - Samantha Lee.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading