About the role
At Up Learn we are building an incredible team and culture and are very excited to start the search for a Customer Success Manager to transform the way schools across the UK use the Up Learn platform. As the amount of schools we support and demand for learning and revision resources grows we are looking for passionate and committed problem solvers to increase engagement with our partners, improve our workflows and strive to achieve strong retention rates with overall great service. You will speak to teachers in a range of situations, introducing teachers to the impressive features of the Up Learn platform through progress and intervention calls, showing them tips and tricks to get students to top grades, and creating strategies for usage that align with the school’s goals. This role will report to our Head of Partnerships and will be integral in building an awesome Customer Success team!
Up Learn supports a hybrid working environment with two days in the office per week (one team day and one company day) and the rest is up to you!
At Up Learn we use AI and cognitive science to ensure every student can achieve an A* regardless of their background. We guarantee students academic success, or their money back.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with some students starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us), helped over 40,000 students, delivered over 10,000 scholarships to disadvantaged students, and achieved a 4.9* rating on Trustpilot. We’ve raised over £3m from exceptional investors including VC Forward Partners, the Chairman of Virgin, the Former President of American Express, and the Branson family, to improve and expand our product, and create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to millions of new students every year.
You really love building relationships and inspiring customers to become ambassadors and evangelists, growing the brand's reputation to drive retention and revenue growth. You enjoy a high-growth environment where we don't have all the answers but are willing to learn and improve what we do. Most importantly, you are really excited to directly improve students’ lives and strongly align with Up Learn’s mission and vision to ensure every student can achieve their full potential.
We are growing fast and anticipate many more exciting responsibilities and projects to develop in this role.
- Become Up Learn’s product expert and brand ambassador, introducing teachers and students to the impressive features of Up Learn
- Ensure our partners have the best experience possible and that they are just as enthusiastic about Up Learn as we are!
- Perform regular account health checks, building incredible relationships, delighting schools and teachers and protecting our annual recurring revenue
- Actively look for exciting cross sell opportunities for our new business team and up sell your opportunities towards you retention targets, always striving to maximise department deal size
- Collect and analyse customer success metrics and data, providing solutions to always improve engagement.
If you don’t meet every requirement below, but you still believe you’re the right person for the role, we strongly encourage you to apply
- Commitment to delivering great customer experience and key results
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Analytical and data driven approach to problem solving with strong excel skills
- Great organisation and attention to detail, keeping everything up to date in our CRM and performance dashboards
- Passionate about learning and growth - you thrive in a culture of feedback, giving and receiving it
- Experience with CRM, Hubspot would be a plus.
- Previous experience in Customer Success, Customer Marketing or Business Development or managing a high volume of accounts in a B2B environment would be a great plus.
- Previous experience in the Education sector or with Ed-Tech or SaaS products would be a huge plus.
- Please note, there will be some travel required (approximately 10% of the time) to visit our wonderful school partners
What we offer
- Salary £35,000 - 40,000 and bonus
- A fun, friendly, high-calibre team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded VC-backed startup that's scaling
- Hybrid working environment with two days in the office per week (one team day and one company day) and the rest is up to you!
- A spacious and bright private office in Old Street, with delicious coffee, selection of teas and unlimited snacks and drinks
- Regular team outings like go-karting and skiing, flexible working hours, and ability to work remotely
- A range of additional benefits such as employer matched pension, level 6 (highest level) dental insurance
- We offer 26 days of bookable paid holiday, plus UK bank holidays, plus unlimited ‘extra days’ - that’s a minimum of 34 days per year!
At Up Learn we welcome everyone and are committed to building inclusive teams. We celebrate differences, encourage everyone to join us and be themselves at work. We always follow the guidelines of the Equality Act in all aspects of recruitment, selection, employment, training, development and promotion opportunities at Up Learn.
We asked employees of Up Learn how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Up Learn
Gender diversity (male:female)
57% male, 43% female