Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re creating a payments network that better connects banks, businesses and everybody. And we’re going big. We’re taking on cards with a payment method that’s actually designed for the online, on-demand world we live in. Removing friction from the most crucial part of commerce: the payment.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
We’re on a mission to change the way the world pays, invests, shops and saves. To transform how people approach payments. To build a brand that redefines an entire industry — and we’d like your help to get us there. So what do you say?
We’re looking for a Senior People Partner to join our Global People team working with the Product and Engineering functions. This role will share ownership of the functions with another People Partner and will have accountability for a headcount of around 100 people in the UK. In this role you’ll partner closely with managers and leaders to ensure proactive People Partnering across Performance Management, Employee Relations, Reward and Learning & Development.
You will be instrumental in working with your stakeholders to identify their people's needs and challenges in order to develop and implement effective people solutions which facilitate the achievement of strategic objectives.
Working closely with the UK Partnering team and broader People function, you’ll have an important role in creating a high performance culture where great talent can thrive.
What we expect from you as a Senior People Partner:
- Partnering with managers and senior leaders within the Product and Engineering functions, you’ll empower them to create the very best environment for their team members. This will include performance management, feedback, mentoring and coaching, and total compensation with a focus on equity and organisational design.
- Your knowledge of the UK employment law, contracts and regulations will mean you’re the go-to expert for your stakeholders.
- You’ll instinctively understand the need to use data, metrics and internal/external trends to provide leaders with insights to inform business decisions, organisational structure and targeted initiatives.
- Past experience working in a Snr People Partnering role is ideal, with a strong knowledge of UK Employment law.
- An ability to bring focus where there is ambiguity and operate within an autonomous environment.
- You move fast at work naturally and won’t hesitate to constantly suggest how we could be doing things even better.
- You get that we’re a team and can roll up your sleeves / flex your style to meet the needs of the team as well as your stakeholders.
- You’re determined to be part of a team that makes TrueLayer an awesome and inspiring place to work.
- You have developed your own partnering style so are comfortable questioning a direction and bringing your own perspective to the conversation. You don’t have to have all the answers, but you do need to be committed to finding the best way forward without deferring to the status quo.
- You love finding efficiencies and designing time out of processes. You’re an experienced partner who can walk the talk with the business, and most importantly have an interest in how to deliver the simplest experience for your stakeholders (leadership and employees alike).
- You understand the importance of data driven people decisions and ideally are an excel whizz.
We would be particularly excited if you have:
- It would be great, but not essential if you had experience in People partnering within a Tech, engineering or Tech First organisation.
- Even better if you have experience partnering with an Engineering function.
- It would also be great if you have had experience within a scale-up and therefore understand the fast pace of an organisation like ours.
Don’t meet all the requirements?
Multiple studies have shown that women and people of underrepresented groups are sometimes less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Truelayer, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, so if you are excited about this role and have the essential skills, but not the entire checklist - we’d still love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working - we offer a hybrid approach to work of 3 days per week remote working 🏡 and 2 days per week in our new offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- Need to collect the kids from childcare? Love a workout in the gym first thing? No worries, we trust you to do your best work within our hybrid framework 🧘
- A one-off remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- 24 days holiday as standard ✈️ with flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- 90 day ‘work from abroad’ policy 👩💻☀️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👪
- Competitive pension contribution at 4% & 4% 🧓
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑⚕️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill and premium Calm subscription
- A £1000 budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- Free lunch from Just Eat 🥙 (If you choose to work from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland