We are Multiverse, a tech scaleup with a social mission. We’re creating a diverse group of future leaders by building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, through the power of professional apprenticeships.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe and rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 500 clients including Facebook, KPMG, Morgan Stanley and the NHS. In June 2022, we broke the EdTech funding record (again!) by announcing our $220m Series D, making Multiverse the UK’s first ever EdTech unicorn.
Join us on our journey to democratising access to the best careers and learning opportunities.
Once here, you will be working on:
👨👧👦 People, Supporting individual growth through coaching & sponsorship
Actively developing the people in your team through mentoring and coaching, aligning the growth of engineers with the success of the team.
Setting a high bar for individual performance and laying out meaningful development goals and milestones for your reports. Leading conversations around what engineers need to demonstrate in order to progress.
Hiring and retaining top talent and setting up new joiners for success. Representing your team concisely in calibration conversations.
🛠 Process & culture, fostering inclusive, healthy and high performing teams
Creating effective systems and processes to manage delivery. Ensuring a sustainable team velocity by balancing short and long term priorities and implementing processes. Escalating effectively and in a timely manner to the appropriate people.
Organising the team's work by setting appropriate milestones and creating a culture of ownership within the team. Pushes for decision making at the lowest level and unblocks the team when barriers arise.
Building a people-first, collaborative and empathetic environment.
Collaborating in organisational design, ensuring the right sizing of the team to deliver on team and company goals, and setting the foundations for the healthy growth of Product and Engineering.
💻 Technical Product
Ensuring the work your team ships is done with a level of care, safely, with attention to detail, whilst also owning the operational excellence of the team's delivery.
Ensuring that incidents are proactively managed to maximise the opportunity to learn and minimise the opportunity for re-occurrence.
Driving simplicity and improve our engineering practices and technical quality across the end to end software lifecycle.
Arbitrating technical discussions and resolve conflicts within the team.
Building an excellent relationship with peers in the team [Design, Product, etc.] and aligns on key decisions.
A bit about you:
You are technically astute and with a desire to solve business problems through simplicity.
You are an advocate of servant leadership.
You know what good looks like and constantly look to raise the bar on your teams impact through considering people, process and technical aspects.
You take ownership for decisions and clearly communicate decisions that deviate from plans.
You build a people-first, collaborative and empathetic environment, with feedback at the core.
You have experience managing or mentoring the performance and development of high-performing engineers and have experience in managing through challenging situations.
Time off - 27 days holiday, plus 7 additional days off: 1 life event day, 2 volunteer days and 4 company-wide wellbeing days
Health & wellbeing - private medical Insurance with Bupa, a medical cashback scheme, life insurance, and access to Spill - all in one mental health support
Hybrid & remote working - occasional visits to the London office
Equity - every Multiverse employee has ownership in the business through equity options
Team fun - weekly socials and regular offsite events
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.
We asked employees of Multiverse how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Multiverse
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York & Remote
What employees are saying
Especially since our work spans many time zones (US West Coast to UK) there's a lot of flexibility since there are different folks that work together at different times. I can plan early days for when I need to connect with folks that are ahead of me (time zone-wise) or later on days that I'm working with US folks and doing heads-down work. I appreciate that my leaders know that I will get my work done and if I need to go to appointments or take time mid-day, that is supported.
More roles at Multiverse
- Advanced Data Fellowship Coach for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Advanced Data Fellowship Instructor for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager
- Product Operations Lead
- Quality Lead, UK
- Data Solutions Specialist, UK
- Product Operations Lead, UK
- Sales Operations Specialist, UK
- Partnerships Manager, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, US
- Learning Product Manager, UK
- Senior Salesforce Administrator, UK
- Senior Privacy and Data Protection Executive, UK
- Support Manager, UK
- Director of Government Affairs, US
- CRM Manager, UK
- Sales Academy Programme, UK
- Strategic Finance Associate, UK
- Commercial Account Executive, UK
- Admissions Director, UK
- Sales Enablement Specialist, US
- Global Director, Product Marketing, US
- Quality Coordinator, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (Southeast Region), US
- B2B Marketing Manager, UK
- Data Engineer, UK
- Global Director, Brand Marketing, US
- Software Engineering Cohort Coach, US
- Software Engineer - Developer Enablement - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Data Fellowship Coach, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (NYC)
- Learning Product Manager, US
- Manager, B2B Marketing, US
- Senior Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Data Analytics Instructor and Coach, US
- Product Designer, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, UK
- Global Communications Manager, US
- Principal Product Designer, Remote US (CET/ET) or NYC Hybrid
- Data Coach, UK
- Workplace Manager, UK
- Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Product Manager, UK
- Associate Data Fellowship Coach, UK
- Principal Engineer, UK
- Enterprise Launch Operations Manager, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (SF/Bay Area), US
- Senior Early Talent Consultant, UK
- Industrial/Organizational Business Psychologist - Assessments, US
- Head of Global Talent Operations, US
- Compliance Associate (Apprenticeships), UK