Regional Project Engineer - Controls
Plymouth, United Kingdom
£45-52k annual base salary + 12% bonus*
(*Paid at 100% if business targets fully met)
Our Mars Wrigley factories produce some of the best-known brands in the confectionery market. We’re using our focus towards a sustainable future to lead a program of continuous investment in our Chocolate & Gum UK factories, meaning we need industry-leading engineers to translate the strategies of our business into high performing manufacturing assets.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Controls & Automation Engineer to lead the development and delivery of critical financial investments in our Plymouth factory, working with knowledgeable multi-disciplinary teams. This role will give you the opportunity to apply your technical expertise and grow project management capabilities for a broad portfolio of projects, giving you the chance to leave a lasting impact on our supply chain.
What are we looking for?
- Professional qualification and/or significant relevant experience in electrical/systems and/or automation engineering discipline.
- Proven project delivery in capital projects and overall project management, preferably in FMCG project environment.
- Clear communication skills, written and verbal (English language required)
- Experience in Manufacturing/Logistics environment (preferred)
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Overall project management deliverables including timeline, scoping, resource and capital management.
- Provide engineering expertise and leadership in the scoping, design, installation and commissioning of assets to deliver to our business growth agenda.
- Provide technical expertise in multiple projects in the scoping and design of automation strategies, delivering the project milestones and budget according to business processes and requirements.
- Manage key stakeholders (associates, contractors, suppliers) to deliver to key project critical success factors.
- Manage projects to deliver safe, secure, and environmentally responsible results.
- Be an active member of the UK Regional Engineering team and contribute into the network of other European Regional Engineers and Global Engineers to further enhance expertise and capabilities in the business.
- Role based in Plymouth, with travel load expected to be up to 50%.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands like Snickers, Maltesers, Galaxy … and more!
- Mars have been voted in the Top 10 of UK ‘Great Places to Work’ since 2016.
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus and benefits package that rewards you for your work.
- Equal Parental Leave: All new parents at Mars UK can take 52weeks off (26 paid at 90% salary)
- Mentoring and development support from day 1, including access to renowned Mars University
- More than just a career; work for Mars and you join a purpose-drive organization trying to build a better world tomorrow.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth