We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
As a Trainee Sales Executive, you will utilise your exceptional sales skills to facilitate vehicle transactions between sellers (general public) and buyers (approved car dealers), ensuring a seamless and satisfying experience for all parties involved. Additionally, you will provide valuable administrative support to senior sales personnel, enabling them to work more efficiently and effectively. If you're ready to embark on a rewarding journey in sales and customer service, this role is for you!
- Utilise your sales skills and knowledge to assist sellers and buyers in buying and selling vehicles through our automotive marketplace.
- Provide outstanding customer service and ensure a seamless process by effectively communicating with buyers and sellers over the phone, delivering a win-win outcome for all parties.
- Collaborate with the wider Sell my Car team to deliver efficient and effective customer service, contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Offer administrative support to senior sales personnel, enabling them to work more efficiently and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Adapt quickly to new challenges and embrace a versatile approach to your work, demonstrating a proactive attitude and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Uphold the company's values, such as being proactive, effective, and positive, while consistently delivering outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills to manage multiple tasks and prioritise responsibilities effectively.
- Embrace a strong team ethic and foster a positive and enthusiastic work environment.
- Outstanding customer service skills and experience working with clients over the phone and via email.
- Versatility and eagerness to take on new challenges, coupled with a proactive and self-starting attitude.
- Strong organisational skills to effectively manage tasks and ensure timely completion.
- Commitment to delivering exceptional customer service, consistently going above and beyond to provide the best experience possible.
- High levels of enthusiasm and a positive mindset, with a strong team ethic.
- Excellent spoken and written English capabilities, along with strong IT literacy and administrative skills.
🗺️ 🕔 Hybrid working options: (4 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021