We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Sales Executive to join our fantastic sales team. As a Sales Executive, you will play a crucial role in assisting sellers and dealers in selling and acquiring stock, while utilising your industry knowledge to ensure customers get the best price for their vehicles.
- Collaborate closely with our outstanding brand and sales team to support sellers and dealers in the selling and acquisition of stock.
- Utilise and build your industry knowledge to provide expert advice and guidance to customers, ensuring they receive the best possible price for their vehicles.
- Engage in active communication with sellers and buyers through various channels, such as telephone, email, online support systems etc.
- Contribute to the development and execution of effective sales strategies and techniques to help increase conversion rates.
- Work towards individual targets, striving for excellence in performance and delivering exceptional results.
- Conduct market research and analysis to stay up-to-date with industry trends and model changes.
- Demonstrate exceptional negotiation skills to help align sellers and maintain satisfaction.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide insights and feedback, contributing to the overall growth and success within the role.
- Excellent teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated and target-oriented mindset, with a strong desire to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, enabling you to effectively engage with buyers and sellers.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the automotive industry and a passion for staying up-to-date with the latest trends and developments.
- Proven ability to negotiate, with a knack for building strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Flexibility to work one Saturday per month, with regular working hours from Monday to Friday.
- Hybrid working available, with a minimum requirement of 2 days per week in the office.
- Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
- Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
- Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
- Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
- Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
- Learning and development budget
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
- Refer a friend and get paid!
- Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021