Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Facilitator
What is the role?
Our Asset Performance business line comprises specialists from across the entire range of disciplines needed to address a full spectrum of engineering asset management issues. Our services span the full lifecycle of ownership and blend enterprise-level consultancy, solving real-world business critical problems, with unmatched engineering analytical pedigree.
As part of our exciting growth plans, we are looking for an experienced Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) Facilitator to join the team in developing the company’s RCM capability and promoting BMT as the supplier of choice for RCM and related services.
As RCM Facilitator you will be a significant member of the RCM team and your responsibilities will include:
- As an RCM Subject Matter Expert (SME), managing the delivery of RCM programmes and related projects to schedule and budget, whilst meeting client and corporate expectations
- Supporting the RCM Practitioner in the development of the capability by delivering quality RCM analyses and supporting the training and mentoring of less experienced RCM Facilitators and Analysts
- Supporting the development of our RCM Analysts, processes, tools, training and internal/external stakeholder relationships
- Facilitating RCM studies as directed by DAS UK Project Managers to time, quality and cost
- Providing RCM advice and consultancy as required or requested, as well as technical input into Case Studies
The role will be based out of a BMT office location (Bath, Fareham, Plymouth or Weymouth), however, we are happy to explore flexible and remote working options too. Some travel to client sites and for meetings will be required and, at present, these are predominantly in the Bristol area.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible RCM subject matter expert, with a demostrable and successful track record in the application of RCM. In particular, you will have a detailed knowledge of Def Stan 00-45 and BR1313A, as well as a good understanding of other international RCM standards/ the application of RCM in other industry standards.
Additionally, we look forward to learning more about your:
- Ability and confidence to lead a team or act independently with support from colleagues
- Professional communication skills and ability to present information clearly
- Self-motivated character and logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Degree, or equivalent experience, in an engineering discipline
- Willingness to travel, when safe to do so, both in the UK and overseas
Please note, to be considered for this role you must be a UK National and eligible to hold UK Security Clearance at SC level.
What can we offer you?
At BMT we believe in hiring the best talent, from diverse backgrounds, as this introduces new ideas to the team and our customers. We appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure and we ensure that our people have access to the training and mentoring they need to be the best at what they do. We constantly strive to improve our working environment and provide everyone with the tools and applications that they need to do their roles effectively.
The well-being of the team is central to our success, so workloads are managed effectively and we promote agile working, so our working hours are flexible. On top of this, we have a host of benefits and family friendly policies designed to support our people including:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Holiday trading – the option to buy and sell leave
- Private medical insurance
- Personal Wellbeing Fund to spend every year on hobbies, sports and classes
There’s lots more that we offer too and our full range of benefits will be discussed at interview.
BMT is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion are critical to being an effective and successful business, with employees who are engaged, feel a sense of belonging and are happy to be themselves in the workplace. We are establishing a number of Employee Network Groups to represent and support diversity within our workforce.
What do we do?
BMT provides independent consultancy services and technical expertise to our customers. We offer concept design, asset management, programme management and technology & through life support services to customers in the defence, security, transport, energy and infrastructure markets. Our team thrive on tackling the most complex engineering and programme challenges, and are adept at blending capabilities from the entire spectrum of engineering disciplines to deliver enduring and value-adding solutions.
Whatever the project, we help our customers to deliver the right outcomes, optimise their assets, improve performance and increase efficiency - from working with the Metropolitan Police Service on business transformation, the rollout of Smart Meters across the UK to designing the Queen Elizabeth Class carrier and maintaining the Royal Navy’s in-service nuclear submarines.
As an Employee Benefit Trust, we are independent of external stakeholders and have the freedom to put our people and our customers first.
We are proud holders of the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme Gold award.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to learning more about you.
A message to recruitment agencies:
BMT DAS UK works with a Preferred Supplier List only. We receive applications exclusively via our ATS.
Please note that we do not accept CVs submitted via email to the HR department or staff within our Operational teams. We will not progress CVs shared on a speculative basis by email and you accept our right to pursue such candidates with no obligation to third party terms and conditions or liability to a fee.
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow