Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that machine learning algorithms learning from experience and data will allow our driver to be more intelligent and capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
As one of our first automotive system engineers, you will be responsible for designing the L2/L3 automotive grade system based on our AV2.0 approach. This includes the strategy and the concept of how to embed our fundamentally new autonomy solution in future OEM vehicle infrastructures. You will also engage with our customers and represent our approach and our company in the planning of collaboration projects.
You will grow with the company and be critical in establishing how we design our system closely with software engineering leads. Our stack includes base software for sensor data processing, neural network execution and diagnostics and robotic functions for vehicle control.
You will also act as a coach to others towards an automotive grade, requirement based development mindset to help teams deliver automotive grade software.
Challenges you will own:
- Design the L2 and L3 system including the integration into an OEM onboard and offboard infrastructure with a focus on software features, architecture and interfaces
- Engage on a deep technical level with our engineering leads to identify the optimal system design, considering safety, vehicle level integration, scalability, and implementation efficiency.
- Present our system design to customers and partners and negotiate adaptations between partners and Wayve’s engineering leeds
- Lead the process of technical customer requirement review and negotiations during early stages of an OEM engagement as well as during the OEM program
- Own the creation of the technical specification document of the L2/L3 system for both internal usage as well as partnership programs
- Derive the system requirements and software requirements from customer requirements
- Work closely with the engineering leads and test engineer leads to ensure traceability of our requirements, implementation and tests.
- Support the team to implement ASPICE and ASIL compliant processes
You will be essential to Wayve’s mission, deeply enjoy what you do, take immense pride in being a small part of something big, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
This role will be based in our London King’s Cross HQ, but we are open to discussing hybrid roles for the right candidate.
- You have a degree in computer science, engineering or a comparable field
- You have proven experience (minimum 8 years) in designing and developing ADAS and L2/L3 autonomous systems for automotive applications
- Extensive domain knowledge in autonomous driving software stacks
- You have previously been involved in an automotive series project, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the automotive development process, ideally at an OEM or Tier1 or Tier2
- You are familiar with the process of requirements engineering and traceability for automotive grade software and ASPICE
- You are strong in negotiating system requirements and technical specifications across multiple stakeholders including internal and external partners and clients
- You have strong understanding of Classical and Adaptive AutoSAR frameworks
- You have a strong understanding of ISO 26262 functional safety standards and experience in applying safety concepts to automotive system design.
- You are deeply curious about building something new and relish the idea of helping to define AV2.0 and how we build it.
- Extensive experience in machine learning technologies, especially as applied to autonomous driving is a plus
- Familiarity with neural network architecture design and optimization for real-time embedded applications is a plus
- Awareness of SOTIF process and its influence in systems design is a plus
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving, and thus to tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- On-site chef and bar, lots of fun socials, a workplace nursery scheme and more!
- Help relocating/travelling to London, with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California