Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Remote-first - with Co-working space
Core hours 10 - 4
We believe that AI should be transparent and responsible by design, and we’re looking for versatile people who can help us create it.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will join the rapidly growing Engineering team at our University of Oxford machine learning company to help us realise a future where AI and Humans collaborate to solve the world’s most important problems.
Location: Remote (within +/- 2hrs GMT), or office-based (incl. mixed)
You’ll share your days with teams of talented software engineers, scientists, designers, and product specialists. Together you will take ideas from concept through to production, making elegant and maintainable solutions to complex data-centric problems. You’ll help build an exciting portfolio of products that will have a real and positive impact on society, the environment, and the individual lives of people across the globe.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer you will be at the heart of the engineering effort that enables the delivery of state-of-the-art AI/ML in a diverse range of projects; from fraud detection to policing, from minimizing food waste to optimizing electric vehicle charging networks, and even the next generation of quantum computers.
You will work with users on new features, rapidly prototyping, exploring and validating ideas, designing and developing features for scalable, secure, and observable cloud-based systems.
We grow and succeed together by working in collaborative, flexible, and self-organising remote-first teams where your passion for software engineering and product development will allow you to thrive.
Working at Mind Foundry will provide an excellent platform for you to grow, learn, and have a real impact on the important problems in the world by helping us to make our vision a reality.
We understand that no single person can do it all and we don't expect everyone to be an expert in every aspect of frontend, backend & DevOps, but you’ll need to have skills & experience across many levels of a web app stack.
Our core technology stack is React, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Machine Learning. We’d love for you to have experience in more than one of those, although if you have equivalent experience in different technology stacks and have transferable skills we’d still love to hear from you.
You will have a degree in a technical discipline such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, etc., or equivalent skills and knowledge.
Ideally, you will have experience working in an iterative Agile environment and an understanding of the DevOps movement and its culture.
At Mind Foundry you’ll be working with, and learning from, experts in a wide range of technologies and skills. We’d love it if you already have experience in any of the following areas. If you’re already an expert, even better! If not, we can help you pick them up along the way.
- Wider software engineering skills, like scripting, CI/CD, UI/UX, design, databases
- Experience architecting and designing complex software systems for the cloud
- Experience working closely with users, working out what to build and why
- Understanding of Machine Learning, AI, or Data Science, including experience deploying ML in production or commercial applications
- Familiarity with other technologies in our stack like Java, Protobuf/gRPC, Flask, Redux, AWS
- Experience with modern numeric or big data frameworks, such as Sklearn, Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark, Numba, Kafka, Apache Arrow, Parquet
If this sounds like you, and what you believe you can achieve, we would love to hear from you!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We believe in investing in our people by encouraging career and personal development aligned with your own goals and ambitions. We make sure all staff have the tools, time & support they need to shape their own professional development. We want to help you to be the best at what you do and to allow you to grow with the company.
You’ll enjoy a competitive compensation package and great benefits such as:
- Remote and Flexible Working
- Professional and personal development
- Private healthcare (including dental and optical cover)
- 25 days holiday (excl bank holidays)
- An opportunity for equity in the company
- Group Life cover
- Physical and mental health well-being initiatives e.g. discounts on gym memberships and sportswear & equipment, free fitness & nutrition programmes and professional mental health support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Plus many more e.g. social events, games night, pub lunches, snack/treats etc - we make sure our remote workers are not left out!
Mind Foundry is an Oxford University company. Operating at the intersection of innovation, research, and usability, we empower teams with AI built for the real world. Founded by Professors Stephen Roberts and Michael Osborne, pioneers in the field of AI and Machine Learning, the mission of Mind Foundry is to create a future where AI and Humans work together to solve the world’s most important problems.
Mind Foundry has developed technology and products that help people bring machine learning closer to their work. Our platform is a new type of Machine Learning that is powerful enough to be trusted by experts and easy enough to be used by people throughout your organisation. Built upon a foundation of scientific principle, organisations use Mind Foundry to empower their teams in entirely new ways.
For more information go to www.mindfoundry.ai