Mars Inc is currently seeking a highly skilled Technical Architect to play a pivotal role in our mission to redefine our Mars Snacking business segment. As we expand our reach and aspire to cater to diverse markets, we are in search of a visionary architect who can design and oversee the technological infrastructure that underpins our operations. This is a unique opportunity to lead the development of a state-of-the-art technology stack, with a primary focus on the Azure cloud platform and its associated services, while also being well-versed in other cloud platforms that are pervasive in the market. Your expertise in establishing technology governance and standards across various business and functional domains will be central to our success.
If you are a seasoned technology leader with a passion for innovation and a desire to contribute to a dynamic and forward-thinking organization, we invite you to join us in this exciting endeavor. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring Mars Snacking remains at the forefront of the industry.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 8 + years of technical background and experience in Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Services, Cloud Computing
- Cloud Security, Edge computation, DevSecOps, Hybrid Clouds, Enterprise Architecture
- AI/ML, GenAI, Data & Analytics Platforms
- In-depth experience architecting complex Azure/AWS public/private Cloud platform solutions (PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, DaaS, IaaC);
- Experienced with wide range of hardware and software development environments, including Microsoft, JAVA, J2EE, SOA, WS - (SOAP/REST/MICSROSERVICES), HADOOP ecosystem, Linux, RDBMS, NOSQL, ECOMMERCE, MOBILE, AWS, Docker (Swarm, Kubernetes), Elastic Search, MongoDB, Redis master/slave/sentinel, CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, ansible, rundeck, Jfrog artifactory.
- Proven practice using Waterfall, Iterative and Agile methodologies (SCRUM) in implementing major projects.
- Established history of innovative mindset, critical thinking, technical leadership.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Serve as the Technical Architect to support incoming transformation projects and designs and be accountable for their review.
- Assess innovative tech and AI tech and its interoperability in Mars and take responsibility for designing its pattern for deployment and scaling as services.
- Deep interconnection with cloud, platform and information security teams and ability to influence continuous change in deployment of services.
- Create and maintain technology reference models and frameworks in in the EA Platform
- Provide expertise on technical design viability and efficacy along with end-to-end integration.
- Design for performance and scale and advise any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Collaborates with Product Managers and Product Owners to decompose solution blueprints and designs into detailed technical requirements.
- Mentor more junior Solution Architects and promote the Architecture practices and services in the technical community.
- Defines specific coding standards and patterns to guide the implementation of new features and capabilities.
- Collaborates with Systems Analysts to decompose solution blueprints and designs into detailed technical requirements.
- Maintaining TRM (Technology Reference Models) for various Technologies and respective capabilities
- Produce blueprints that guide the development and implementation of business solutions across multiple projects, providing direction to technical teams during project delivery.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth