Wolverton, Milton Keynes
Weekday shifts only (Monday-Friday, 8-hour shifts, days & nights, rotate every 2 weeks)
Annual Salary £44,600 (includes base salary, shift allowance & annual bonus)
+ £2000 Welcome Bonus
Mars have been a global company, and family owned business for over a century. For generations, you and your family — including the four-legged members — have loved our brands, products and services. Some of our most loved products include M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, SKITTLES®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, Ben’s Original™, and Dolmio®.
Just a 25-minute drive from Northampton, our Mars Horsecare factory has an opportunity for either an Electrical Engineer or Multiskilled Engineer to join our team! You will also have opportunity for professional development in this role.
What are we looking for?
- An Electrical Engineering qualification at any level.
- Some mechanical experience or understanding.
- Problem solving experience in a technical environment.
- Good communication skills, with an ability to relate to all people at all levels.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Provide all technical representation and activities for the Operations lines (on the tools) up to a maximum of 50% of the time.
- Lead co-ordination of Planned events (shutdowns, PM’s etc).
- Work with the Continuous Improvement engineer / R&D and Industrial Engineering to analyse the unplanned technical losses of the lines, aligning Continuous Improvement activities with the maintenance Shift Manager.
- Coach the Operations team on ways of working to ensure our processes are followed.
- Participate in the Factory Management Operations meetings having clarity on unplanned losses from the lines.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth