⚡ Ignite your purpose and together, we can power change.
As the UK’s leading energy supplier, we put customers and colleagues at the heart of everything we do. Whether we’re installing EV chargers on driveways across the UK, helping customers on the front line, or simplifying operations behind the scenes. We all play a vital role in our vision for a cleaner, greener future. For our planet. For everyone.
That’s why we need a team of brilliant Heat Pump Installers to fit Air Source Heat Pumps which are a key part of ourstrategy in getting get the UK to Net Zero by 2050. You’ll bring bags of energy, know-how and passion to our family of door-opening brands, including British Gas and Hive. And you’ll join a team who are just as focused on delivering fantastic results as you are.
🔨 Tell me about the role
As a Net Zero Installer you will form part of a 3-person crew installing domestic air source heat pumps. You will ensure the highest quality installation is completed, led by the Lead Installer who will also be responsible for ensuring regulatory and technical standards are met.
- Installation of Air Source Heat Pumps and unvented hot water systems along with wet central heating systems in domestic properties
- Removal of existing heating system, including tanks, pipework, etc
- Installation of new radiators and valves with pipework and boxing into a high standard
- Power flushing & commissioning of new systems alongside the lead installer
- Maintain current knowledge of all applicable procedures and safety measures
- Put the customer at the heart of everything you do & apply the highest standards
- Provide technical information to customers wanting to know more about low carbon technology (training will be provided)
- Overcome technical challenges and be comfortable working as part of a team
- Adhere to high HSE standards and be accountable for you own, customer and colleague safety
We do require you to have (or get) the following qualifications prior to your start date:
- NVQ level 2 in plumbing or similar
- Water Regulations Qualification
- G3 regulations qualification
- Full driving license with 6 points or less
💰 What’s in it for me?
- Starting salary of £36,619
- Annual Bonus
- 33 days holiday allowance and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
- Bespoke Flexible Working Plan
- Discount on your Energy Bills – 15% of Ofgem price cap
- Generous Pension scheme
- Company-funded Healthcare Plan
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers, electric car scheme and travel insurance
🏋️♀️ What opportunities are there for career development?
Here, personal and professional growth go hand in hand. We give you freedom, so you can give your best. We trust you to create your own path. To bring your unique energy to embrace challenges and define how both you and our business develops. When you’re ready to grow, we’re here for you. With bespoke learning and development programmes so you can take ownership of your career progression in a way that suits you.
💡 You power homes, but will I feel at home?
We’re looking for people to add to our culture — not just fit in with it. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people regardless of their background or disability, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We will continue to champion inclusivity while investing in our local communities to create a better, more sustainable world for everyone. 🎉 We are incredibly proud to have been recognised by The Times for being in the Top 50 Employers for Women for 2 years running.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull