Don’t you think it’s time you got more from work? This is an opportunity to put you, your family, and your growth first. Choose. Champion. Change. #MoreThanACareer
Why Join us?
You’ll get a base salary of £36,618 with uncapped OTE - £42,000 is a realistic expectation. On top of this you’ll be eligible for overtime and be given a company van, fuel card and state of the art tablet & smart phone.
Read on for the full list of benefits, there is so many!
We’ve proudly heated Britain’s homes for over 200 years, and at British Gas, we’ve never been more excited about the future. Right now, we’re at a pivotal moment. We’re not only supporting our customers through a once-in-a-generation cost of living crisis, we’re also leading the national charge to get our customers to Net Zero by 2050.
That’s why we need a brilliant Domestic Electrician to help us get to where we’re going. You’ll bring bags of energy, know-how and passion to our family of door-opening brands, including British Gas and Hive. And you’ll join a team who are just as focused delivering on fantastic results as you are to help us lead the way to a cleaner, greener future.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
As a British Gas Electrician, you will bring us your extensive experience in all aspects of domestic electrical work including fault finding, installation and rewires (this would typically be a minimum of 2 years’ experience). Your customer service skills and ability to solve problems will enable you to diagnose defects, work safely to ensure a first-time fix for your customer, and promote British Gas products and services by giving professional advice.
What we need from you
- City & Guilds 2365 Parts 1 & 2 (or equivalent), culminating in a Level 3 Technical Certificate including the National Electrotechnical Training (NET) AM2 certificate
- evidence to show that you have been working in the electrical industry for a period of time
- Up to date City & Guilds 2382 - B.S. 7671 IET Wiring regulations certificate
- A City and Guilds 2391.52 (or equivalent) would be desirable
- A full UK driving licence with 6 points or less
Here's what's in it for you:
Working for the UK’s most trusted energy company has its perks. It’s time you prioritise you – Imagine not having to travel hours to a job, not having to worry about when your next job will be, or, not getting paid when you take time off to enjoy some sun with your loved ones. As part of the Centrica family, you’ll receive our industry-leading core benefits package, that gives you so much more than just money in the bank.
- £36,618 salary
- 1.5x overtime pay – you choose if/when you work the extra hours
- Uncapped performance bonus
- You’ll get your own Iconic British Gas Blue Van with a Fuel Card, Mobile Phone & Tablet
- 33 days holiday (plus the chance to buy 5 more) (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Each year, we give colleagues a slice of our profits as company shares
- Impressive Pension Scheme – we'll contribute up to 10% of your salary
- Share incentive plan – for every 2 Centrica shares you buy, we’ll give you a free share.
- If you’re a British Gas Customer, we’ll give you an allowance towards your energy bills
- Healthcare Plan
- GP24 – Virtual GP available 24/7
- My Health Service – holistic wellbeing support
- My Care – Confidential support service available 24/7
- Free Eye Test and glasses, should you need them.
- Life Assurance – Should the worst happen to you; your loved ones receive a pay-out of 4x your salary.
- Income protection – if you get a long-term illness/injury and you’re unable to work, you’ll still get 2/3 of your salary.
- Huge discounts for you, your friends and family on products such as EV Chargers, Solar Panels, and boilers.
- Funded Legal Help
You’ll also get to choose from whole host of additional benefits to suit your own lifestyle through our benefits+ platform which includes extras like technology discounts, gym passes, dining out cards and an electric car scheme.
Ignite your Potential.
At Centrica, knowledge really is power. We’re incredibly proud to have launched a brand-new career development platform which means we now have an industry-leading learning offering that is unmatched. All of our people have the opportunity to champion their own career path by choosing from 1000’s of courses and learning options that makes your learning, unique to your ambitions.
Treat them green, keep them keen. We’ve committed to offering our engineers the opportunity to cross-skill into trending green technologies such as Air Source Heat Pumps, Electric Vehicle Charge Points, Mixergy Hot Water Tank Systems, Hydrogen Boilers and HIVE applications.
We’re a People Place.
We care, we collaborate, and we celebrate. Diversity is the fuel to our flame — it's what sparks our innovation, fosters resilience, and makes us a genuinely great place to work. We're looking for people to add to our culture - not fit in with it. We know that every voice matters, and every new perspective makes us more empathetic and reflective of the 10 million customers we serve. Did you know we're 1 of only 7 employers to be accredited as Carer Confident Ambassadors and have consistently made The Times' Top 50 Employer list for Gender Equality.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull