Fully flexible hours
The Project Manager is responsible for delivery planning of product and technology initiatives, based on input from the Programme Manager and product stakeholders. The successful candidate will provide expertise, in the use of Agile methodologies that scrum teams adopt. The role will identify risk mitigation strategies and pro-actively surface the internal and external dependencies.
This position reports into the Programme Manager and will require to travel to other locations including Leeds, London and, Dublin.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Delivery planning and reporting across the initiatives
- Input into overall prioritisation exercise, help communicate agreed priorities, ensure they're respected and drive actions towards enabling them
- Facilitate technology input into investment requests with supervision from Programme Manager in drafting business cases
- Effective internal and external dependency management for roadmap initiatives that is reported into Programme Management
- Work together with the delivery teams on resource allocation, planning and driving efficiencies with Agile Scrum practices
- Provide a clear view on the ongoing budget for the ongoing intitiatives in the programme of work
- When working with new suppliers, coordinate technical due diligence and clearly articulate the commercial input
- Team player that is able to work in a fast paced environment, with technical and commercial teams, focused on achieving the desired outcomes
- Generate reports from Agile tooling that advises on the effectiveness of the delivery streams, with a view to resolve challenges in adopting Scrum practices
- Ability to coach and mentor delivery teams with efficacy in the use of Scrum methodology
What We're Looking For...
- 3+ years of experience in project management roles
- Proven track record in the software delivery lifecycle, in adopting the Agile Scrum methodology
- Ability to plan against technical outcomes, defined as part of achieving the target architecture for the focus tribe's business objectives
- Experience in managing projects end-end; from concept to business benefits realisation
- Ability to clearly demonstrate business goals and influencing teams to achieving the desired outcomes
- Pro-active work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
- Successfully managed customer engagements to completion and customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain complex technical challenges, in a simple and effective manner
- Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders based on mutual respect, openness and transparency
- Promote change as an opportunity to improve a set of core values, principles and practices
- Works at pace and conveys a sense of urgency through high levels of collaboration to the team
- Ability to coach and mentor teams in the use of Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience in implementing 3rd party products and platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Building Support: Capable of establishing close relationships with stakeholders, based on trust, integrity and respect. Able to raise awareness and build momentum behind the Group technology strategy
- Objective: Provides impartial and unbiased input, ensuring equal treatment for all and champions decisions making through the empowerment of collaboration
- Collaboration: Work effectively and in partnership with our stakeholders on group shared goals that align towards the achievement of the technology strategy. Provides leadership in promoting a collaborative environment across teams
- Adaptable: Has the ability to manage change and adapt toward new requirements or changes in strategy
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to analyze patterns within the business divisions generated by implementing current strategy. Understand what is needed to achieve competitive advantage through greater agility, faster time to market and improving the customer value proposition.
- Communication: Proactive and considered in approach with stakeholder communications. A good listener, capable of providing constructive feedback that can support conflict resolution.
- Agile Scrum: A practitioner of Agile Scrum that can coach teams how to optimize delivery streams. Ability to generate reports using tooling that outlines effectiveness in the delivery process within the business division.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Blip provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Blip is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Blip
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"Blip is a pioneer in flexible working practises in Porto, Portugal. The company really cares for the workers' wellbeing and translates that in to effective work."
Delivery Manager at Blip