The Interview Process
Our aim is to get to know how you’d fit into our team. First we’ll have a short call with you to discuss your career to date and your motivations for the role. Then we’ll give you a task that is relevant to the work you would be doing at Prolific (2 hour interview). We understand that your time is valuable so you will be reimbursed with a £50 Amazon voucher, regardless of whether or not you proceed to the final round. The final stage will be an interview with the co-founders/our Leadership team, where we will dig deeper into your values and experience.
If your experience doesn't tick all the boxes but you are passionate about joining us, you should definitely apply! We look for people who share our values and can add to our open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
What We Offer:
Flexible working: You can work flexibly from home or from our dog-friendly co-working space.
£1000 home office budget and laptop when you start and a £200 yearly top-up budget.
33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with any day of your choosing).
Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
Taxable stipend of £150 a month per person for wellness and improving your remote experience (co-working subscription, gym membership, lunches, etc.)
£1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
£1000 yearly budget on discretionary meet-ups (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
Fun and collaborative quarterly company-wide meet-ups and team socials paid for by us.
Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organisation each year.
Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
At Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Our co-founders Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers from both Academia and industry with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, our bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioural research.
We were in Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, we've been growing 3x a year purely through word-of-mouth, we're default alive, and we have very ambitious plans.
📍 Remote, UK - with the ability to travel to London occasionally!
At a Glance
Us: Profitable and funded startup of ~70 people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). Creating a web-based platform for behavioural research. 3x yearly growth, all driven by word-of-mouth.
We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: A People Experience Co-ordinator with startup experience, great communication skills, and a passion for shaping an amazing employee experience.
£28-35k depending on skills and experience.
As the People Experience Co-ordinator, you'll be working closely with the People Operations (People Ops) Team to ensure Prolific is running smoothly and efficiently. People Ops is at the heart of Prolific and this role will make a huge impact by solving problems, continuously searching for improvements, building experiences, and creating a welcoming culture.
Prolific is a remote-first company, meaning we're remote but have some in-person activities and the option to work from our "hub" in Paddington. As our People Experience Co-ordinator you'll be interacting with everyone at Prolific to better understand their needs and make ongoing improvements to help create a fantastic remote-first experience for all.
Together with our People Ops Team, you will work towards these key goals:
- Continuously implement improvement initiatives to streamline and advance our operational strategies to ensure we are agile and efficient.
- Create an exceptional, engaging, and welcoming culture for our employees by working directly with the People Lead.
Areas you'll be owning:
- Co-ordinating and organising all company meet ups, from virtual to in-person: booking transport, accommodation, conference rooms, events, etc.
- Arranging regular company events and socials like lunch & learns and book club.
- Organising our fortnightly company "all-hands" meetings.
- Liaising with WeWork to maintain our company hub in London.
- Maintaining and organising our physical and virtual mail.
- Responding to all People Ops queries: creating email groups, updating accounts, etc.
- Managing all our People Ops budgets: team, personal development and home office.
- Owning all onboarding and off-boarding tasks, from organising equipment and gifts to handling email and other accounts.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures and administrative systems.
- Looking after all our People Ops tools and supporting the wider team with any technical difficulties.
- Owning our ideas board in People Ops.
Areas you'll be supporting:
- Providing support to the People Ops Team day-to-day.
- Supporting the People Team where needed with HR tasks.
- Helping automate People Ops as we scale.
- Helping create a great remote experience for everyone.
- Getting involved in projects that help create a better people experience.
- Liaise with third-parties (e.g. when managing company meet ups and WeWork).
- Proven experience as an Office Manager or Administrative Assistant.
- Have worked previously in a startup environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive in suggesting ideas and implementing them.
Nice to have:
- Experience in using tools such as Google Workspace, Lattice, HiBob and Slack.
- Experience in People/HR.
- Interest in Behavioural Science, Psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space.