If you’re keen to be on the frontline of creating never-before-seen travel technology and experiences, you belong at Impala.At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
We’re looking for self-motivated folks to expand our high-performance team. You’ll be a brilliant fit if you’re obsessed with self-development, Stripe-level quality & reliability, smashing targets, and moving at a red-hot pace(hello, start-up life!)
Thanks for checking out our job description for our Sales Development Representative at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just diving straight in with words like “revolutionising” and “disrupting”.
As such, we apologise in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
All that aside though, we’re pretty proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; number 3 in Flexa’s most Flexible Companies to work for; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021.
What is Impala?
If you’re keen to be on the frontline of creating never-before-seen travel technology and experiences, you belong at Impala. At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
Forget following emerging technology trends — we’re looking to SET them!
Impala is making the process of booking hotel rooms ridiculously easy. In short, we’re providing hotels with powerful data distribution infrastructure.
More practically, we’re making the world a better place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents of any size. Think Twilio for Travel.
We’re looking for self-motivated folks to expand our high-performance team. You’ll be a brilliant fit if you’re obsessed with self-development, Stripe-level quality & reliability, smashing targets, and moving at a red-hot pace (hello, start-up life!)
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech, with endless opportunities opened up for innovation and forward-thinking that will help jump start the travel industry. Here at Impala, that’s our goal! Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
- You’ll be responsible for helping generate meetings with large hotel chains for our Account Executive team. Working closely with them you will analyse the most effective channels and tactics to book meetings e.g. cold calling, Linkedin.
- You’ll also work closely with marketing to generate a pipeline of individual hotels which you’ll be responsible for closing onto our platform
Being one of the early members of the SDR team you’ll be expected to help build our best practices, process and tactics as we scale, and help coach new joiners.
Alongside the AE team in your region you’ll be expected to be entrepreneurial and work with management to establish Impala in the region.
You should join us if you:
- Are fluent in either Spanish, German, or French
- You want to be part of the future of the hospitality industry.
- Have experience in a team building a new market.
- You love a high paced environment with no 2 days the same. You have a healthy competitive streak and love hitting targets both individually and as a team.
- You have mid-senior level of experience generating new business & achieving targets.
- You have experience negotiating and closing accounts.
- You enjoy negotiation and conversion, you thrive on challenging targets and nothing beats the joy of overachieving.
- You are entrepreneurial with an innate ability to take ownership of an area with little direction required.
- You understand the tactics and strategies to build an outbound sales process, and how to iterate on it.
- You share our organisational vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across an entire industry.
- You’re exceptionally good at giving feedback, both up and down and are always looking for ways to help and level up those around you.
- You ask a lot of yourself and have demonstrable experience of being high performing in everything you do.
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy and questioning conventional wisdom.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You think lofty goals are better left to renovation builders.
Where is Impala going?
We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago, Monzo, Travelperk, Transferwise, Airbnb, GetYourGuide, Omio, Spotify and more!
They’re on board because of the shared opportunity we have before us - revolutionising a 1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
They also share our vision of a future in which travel is seamlessly connected and relentlessly inventive.
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points.
Where will you work?
We are a remote-first company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, while also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise.
We have a London based, non-compulsory, office provision; due to Covid-19, we have no short-term plans for any compulsory office.
We do offer a generous WFH stipend of £150 per month, to build out your perfect personalised home office, or £350 to join a local Co-working space. In addition, we give you a generous Personalised Workspace Budget for bigger things like monitors, keyboards, desk chairs and headphones.
What you will get in return?
- You can see our full (and ultra-flexible) Benefits Package here.
- Loved One’s Budget - bring your loved ones to visit you, totally on us up to £750 per year, however near or far from home you are.
- Flexible working hours; meaning you can plan your workday around your own schedule. #flexappeal.
- Generous raise opportunities - pay reviews bi-annually, with 3.5x the average increase, using a fair, transparent and consistent formula.
- Totally Flexible benefits; meaning you can build your own adventure to create the most meaningful benefits package to you and your family and lifestyle - including over £100 per month on the H&W + Lifestyle activities of your choice.
- Free Food & Drinks - through our weekly Lunch-Buddies initiative.
- 1,000 Professional Development budget per year to invest in your own growth, with constant support from your manager.
- Social Events & Budget - a mixture of in-person (go-karting, mini-golf) and remote events.
- Personalised Workspace Budget - to rent out the perfect office equipment for you, in addition to the monthly WFH stipend.
- 36 Days Holiday per year - that’s in the top 14% in the UK.
- 1 Unsick Day per year - to keep on top of that healthcare admin.
- The flexibility to work anywhere in Europe, in the home office or co-working space that suits you and your preferred work environment.
- Remote Experience Manager and the ability to get involved in our unique Pop Up Parties.
- You'll work for a company that's proactive about its social responsibility within the travel industry.
- You’ll work for a company truly passionate about D&I to the extent that we made a D&I Deck. You can help build a company that intends to support diversity and inclusion at the grassroots.
- We're Flexified, meaning we've been officially approved as a flexible workplace.
About the team
We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team, and we’d always rather run a team lean than simply fill seats for speed.
That means that we have Star teams full of Star players, across the board at Impala -- all of whom work to mutually elevate and support each other.
We’re a group of high-performing, fast-moving, innovation-bent and product-obsessed individuals, who don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We have people on board from a range of impressive backgrounds, from big industry players (like SkyScanner, Booking.com, Secret Escapes) to incredible startups (like Revolut, Truelayer, Paddle, Peak), plus lots more.