Fully flexible hours
Whereabouts: We are full-remote, global and hours agnostic! Please be aware that many of our team are based in CET. Please be aware you will need to have at least 3 hours of work cross-over with CET and GMT. Read more about our approach to Remote working here.
Interviews: Around 4 hours over a few weeks, including some paid practical work
Salary: Starting from £32,000* globally or $49,873 for US candidates
*Note: We have no “caps” on our salary, and you can read our full compensation philosophy here. If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know and we’re very open to discussing further.
Reporting to: Vincent Levinger, our Interim Head of Customer Support
Share options: Granted with 4 year vesting.
Ask us anything: firstname.lastname@example.org
“People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said but they always remember how you made them feel, that’s what matters the most.” - Tony Hsieh
🌏 What Whereby is all about
Created with Scandinavian simplicity at heart, Whereby is a remote-first video meetings company with a vision of a world where anywhere works.
We believe in everyone. We see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission. This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
🔍 What we're looking for
We're looking for a self-driven and customer-centric learner that loves a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about the customer relationships and seek to provide an authentic and delightful customer support experience. You are also motivated to grow in your career and driven by new challenges in gaining new skills.
💫 Your mission in your first year at Whereby
To provide an authentic and delightful technical customer support experience that reflects Whereby’s ease of use and furthers our mission to enable a world for businesses and customers where anywhere works.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
Your previous experience
- Strong asynchronous communication and team work
- Worked remotely with a team distributed across time zones (ideal)
- Support experience with API products and/or B2B technical services
- Knowledge of website development and comfortable with HTML and CSS basics (ideal)
- Enjoy working in independently in distributed and cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Proud to say you do things differently
- You are a really nice person with loads of ambition!
How we'll measure your success🌟
- CSAT (customer satisfaction)
- Rate of response
- Rate of resolution
Scope of your work
- Reflect the humanity of the Whereby brand in the customer support experience.
- Working cross-functionally with other teams in the business acting as an advocate for the customer.
- Responding to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email, or chat.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
Day-to-day of your role
- Work alongside the Customer Support Team to futher improve the overall customer support experience.
- Help create best practices and methodologies.
- Contribute to support documentation about Whereby.
- Work with users to troubleshoot technical problems with Whereby running on various browsers, as well as native apps for iOS and Android.
- Support and delight customers through various channels including email (Helpscout), live chat, social media, and Whereby itself.
- Identify problems and influence change with the product based on customer feedback.
- Replicate, track, and report bugs to the product team.
- Resolve billing issues, apply discounts, and monitor subscriptions.
- Engage and collaborate with a remote team spread across 5 different time zones and countries.
- Become a product expert and advocate for the customer to influence product changes.
- Grow as a subject matter expert for the team and mentor new teammates.
- Work towards being a leader in discipline of the support organization (technical, operational, people).
- As we work cross functionally, you will have the exposure to other customer facing teams for further areas of career growth as well.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to email@example.com. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Background checking: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.
Legitimate posting: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at email@example.com