3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
Salary: 16 800 - 20 600 PLN gross UoP 19 500 - 24 000 PLN net B2B
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers. So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
About the role
As a Senior IT Business Analyst you will be the main point of contact within the team, responsible for coordination of product delivery and product management. You will directly cooperate with the development team and all product stakeholders (Leadership Team, VP of Product, Sales, Marketing). You will also play a crucial role in the Product Team to ensure smooth cooperation between all products at Volt.
- Translate the vision of the product and its subsequent versions into individual elements of the Product Backlog and place them on the development roadmap,
- Manage Product Backlog: create detailed, well-organized, and granularly split Product Backlog items,
- Assure the quality of prepared user stories including technical details when necessary. Those can be gathered as the result of an event storming session, consultation with a Tech Lead or any other appropriate source,
- Work to estimate delivery dates with Tech Lead (and developers),
- Communicate estimated delivery dates for the next stages of projects. Consult priorities if they are impossible to achieve,
- Responsible for Agile events: planning, review and refinement process,
- Define the vision and purpose of the product on the basis of own knowledge, market research, competition research and consultation with internal and external clients,
- Care for the product vision and the implementation of business requirements during the development process,
- Suggest new potential products and projects with a well defined business case,
- Understand business processes and analyze data to correctly assess further product development needs,
- Supervise the quality of delivered solutions i.e. establish metrics & monitor current status of the app. Take responsibility for implementing improvements and have awareness of technical excellence,
- Create and manage product documentation.
Competencies and Experience:
- Direct experience (at least 3 years) in independent IT product management position(s), confirmed with successful implementations,
- Excellent knowledge of both - business and IT world, ability to recognise and translate business needs to IT requirements and manage product backlog, design and delivery,
- Focus on the product vision. Ownership for the outcome - ensuring constant quality of delivered product,
- Strong project management skills. Ability to ensure predictability of the project progress. Planning, internal project communication (experience with Agile methodology would be a plus),
- Experience in working with developers, UX and senior management,
- Understanding data, ability to create and monitor metrics for the product,
- Workshops facilitation, experience in organizing event-storming sessions would be a plus,
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate project progress and results in a clear and interesting way,
- Fluent Polish & English in speech and writing,
- Ability to understand complex systems and explain their inner workings to third parties,
- Basic understanding of how modern parallel applications work.
A plus would be:
- Technical background strongly preferred,
- Experience and interest in Financial Services,
- Project management certificate,
- Ability to identify potential hotspots in the system being designed. This could be a large amount of data, a very high load on some process, a business critical race condition etc.
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast,
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of,
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals,
- During the week we mostly work remotely but for those who prefer to be in the office we arranged coworking spaces in Warsaw (Business Link Astoria) and Cracow (Chillispaces),
- Every Thursday, our employees meet and enjoy working together at the Puro Hotel in Cracow and Warsaw. There is always an opportunity to eat lunch together and grab some drinks after hours,
- Every occasion is a good reason for celebration; we organise Christmas parties and company retreats,
- We care about our employees’ health, so you will be provided with medical insurance by Luxmed,
- We offer paid holidays (pssst...we will give you one day off extra for your birthday),
- In addition, once every two months on Friday we close down all comms at Volt - a digital detox. The whole business is officially ordered to take the day off!
- If you want to work in a company with a great, start-up atmosphere, you don’t have to look further :)
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview with our People & Culture representative. The video meeting will take about 45 minutes,
- We will ask you to prepare a task which will help us check your technical skills,
- Then it’s time for a second interview! The meeting will take 1 hour and will be conducted by our VP of Product and Backend Team Leader,
- Our SVP of Technology would also like to chat with you :) You can expect the meeting to last approximately 45 minutes,
- If successful, you will be given a job offer proposal.
Seems like a place you would like to be a part of? Our Product Team is waiting for you!