3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
Salary range for a Middle:
13 000 - 18 000 net PLN B2B
11 000 - 15 000 PLN gross PLN Contract of employment
Salary range for a Senior:
18 500 - 24 000 net PLN B2B
15 910 - 20 640 gross PLN Contract of employment
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers. So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
About the role
As a PHP Software Engineer you will work across the development lifecycle, building leading edge disruptive financial technology solutions. The role presents an exciting opportunity to join an Agile team of talented software engineers, working to drive best practice across all projects to deliver our vision of world class customer centricity.
About our tech choices
We are designing our solutions with Domain-Driven Design principles in mind. That led us among other things to use the hexagonal architecture as our base pattern for the business layers of our apps. The systems as a whole are built with the best practices of microservices architecture, including CQRS, language-agnostic protocols, containerization, etc.
Above all, we are keeping the balance between novelty and delivering a business value since that is the ultimate goal of our tech stack.
- Develop software applications using your extensive knowledge of PHP 8.0/8.1, Symfony, Doctrine ORM and associated technologies,
- Participate in software design meetings and analyse user needs to determine technical requirements,
- Write efficient, reusable and maintainable code, whilst adhering to coding standards,
- Apply object-oriented programming, relational database technologies and modern frameworks for optimum solution per specification,
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimisation,
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary,
- Manage time appropriately and clearly communicate changes in effort or scope,
- Contribute to documentation where required,
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends.
Relevant Experience and skills
- You have 2-5 years of experience in developing web applications using PHP,
- You have at least 1-2 years of experience with PHP based frameworks such as Symfony or similar (Zend, Laravel)
- You have at least 1-2 years of experience with ORM such as Doctrine or other (Eloquent)
- You will be able to demonstrate experience working with SQL,
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP), programming principles (Clean Code) and design patterns,
- You have experience in developing and working with microservices,
- You have experience in API development (testing, documenting, optimising and monitoring),
- You possess strong communication skills, ability to explain your decisions to the team in written and spoken English,
Nice to have:
- You have experience with queue services (AWS SQS, RabbitMQ),
- You have been working in an Agile and CI/CD environment,
- Prior experience with Fintech products.
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast,
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of,
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals,
- During the week we mostly work remotely but for those who prefer to be in the office we arranged coworking spaces in Warsaw (Business Link Astoria) and Cracow (Chillispaces),
- Every Thursday, our employees meet and enjoy working together at the Puro Hotel in Cracow and Warsaw. There is always an opportunity to eat lunch together and grab some drinks after hours. It would be great if you could visit us every week but if you don't have such an option 3-4 weeks are also fine,
- Every occasion is a good reason for celebration; we organise Christmas parties and company retreats,
- We care about our employees’ health, so you will be provided with medical insurance by Luxmed,
- We offer paid holidays and of course, B2B contract is not an exception (pssst...we will give you one day off extra for you birthday),
- If you want to work in a company with a great, start-up atmosphere, you don’t have to look further :)
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview with our People & Culture representative. The video meeting will take about 30 minutes,
- We may ask you to prepare a task which will help us check your technical skills,
- Then it’s time for a technical interview! The meeting will be conducted by two Technical Recruiters from PHP area and will last 1 hour,
- Our SVP of Technology would also like to chat with you :) You can expect the meeting to last approximately 30 minutes,
- If successful, you will be given a job offer proposal.
Seems like a place you would like to be a part of? Our Backend Team is waiting for you!