3–4 days per week at home
If you're not familiar with V7, here's what we do: https://youtu.be/iBpgSQk5Qyg
V7 is an AI data platform to automate any visual task, voted by Forbes as one of the top 25 machine learning startups of 2021. We have raised $10 million in venture funding and are backed by some of the most competent individuals in AI. We manage the training data and models of hundreds of AI companies and enterprises. What sets us apart is our team's obsession with pushing our product to where AI will be three years from today.
As the Financial Controller at V7 you will own the accounting function as our team rapidly scales. You will take ownership of the hands on, day-to-day delivery of the finance function while working directly with Founders and leadership to advise on future strategy to drive revenue growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Ownership and oversight of all aspects of the balance sheet, including KPI reporting, working capital management, budgeting and long-term forecasting.
- Oversight of the month-end accounts close process; responsibility for all Companies House filings, oversight of all month-end reconciliations
- Maintain clarity on business performance against budgets, both financial and non-financial KPIs
- Conduct commercial analysis on past performance to provide guidance on future strategy - and have the ability to implement that change in the business.
- Thought leadership in relation to corporate tax planning and forecasting future tax obligations
- Ensure compliance on key requirements with regards to Corporation Tax, indirect taxes (e.g. VAT, R&D, PSA) and employee share options
- Finance leadership team for all matters of financial control that need raising to the leadership
Perks and benefits
Unlimited vacation, just tell us when you need time off
7-day company retreats in stunning locations.
New Apple hardware
Paid tickets, accommodation, and travel to relevant conferences, nationally or internationally (NeurIPS, ICCV, CVPR, ...) to expand your network & knowledge during normal times
Central London office with standing desks and 4K monitors
Unlimited high-quality coffee, tea, snacks, and other comforts every day
- You have led an in-house finance function, owning the preparation of management accounts, year-end financial statements (in accordance with IFRS), direct and indirect taxation, and statutory obligations
- A curious, scientific mind. Excited about the opportunity to lead a developing team into a high-growth business
- You enjoy leading projects and driving change throughout a business - you view change as an opportunity to further your personal development and find performing the ‘status quo’ frustrating
- Excellent numerate, analytical ability and logical approach; accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluent in English
Accountant qualifications are preferred but not strictly required pending relevant experience (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).