Workplace Experience Manager
About the role
At Up Learn we are building an incredible team and culture and are very excited to start the search for a Workplace Experience Manager who can elevate our hybrid working environment for our team to collaborate and thrive in, whether onsite or remote. As Workplace Experience Manager at Up Learn you will have a very important role in creating an outstanding and inclusive working culture making sure the people around you are having a good time. From managing the day-to-day office operations, to organising company wide events you enjoy solving problems and making things run like clockwork. In this role you will be working closely with our Head of People on many exciting projects helping to build an excellent employee experience and create solutions to always delight our team.
At Up Learn we use AI and cognitive science to ensure every student can achieve an A* regardless of their background. We guarantee students academic success, or their money back.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with some students starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us), helped over 40,000 students, delivered over 10,000 scholarships to disadvantaged students, and achieved a 4.9* rating on Trustpilot. We’ve raised over £3m from exceptional investors including VC Forward Partners, the Chairman of Virgin, the Former President of American Express, and the Branson family, to improve and expand our product, and create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to millions of new students every year.
You are probably more organised than anyone else you know and passionate about creating an inclusive working environment where everyone feels welcome. You really care about employee experience, no task is too small, always anticipating the team’s needs (fully stocked fridge and all things organised for the team to easily access)
We are growing fast and anticipate many more exciting responsibilities and projects to develop in this role.
- Create a lovely place to work for all employees (onsite and remote) as well as planning and organising company-wide events including socials, hackathons and annual get together retreats
- Help with new hires on day one as needed, such as with introductions to the office and organising equipment and swag
- Coordinate and assist with office equipment or basic troubleshooting such as wifi access, conference room meeting tech, or available supplies (cords/headphones)
- Welcome visitors to the office, and maintaining front door security during business hours
- Other general administrative support, as needed, including supporting employee or office queries, office supplies, mail, groceries, project work, or other office operations
- Assist with managing any needed office budgets as required, such as with office supplies or vendors
- Assist management team when needed, including Executive Assistant responsibilities
- Assist with H&S processes and coordination, including fire safety procedures and evacuation plans
If you don’t meet every requirement below, but you still believe you’re the right person for the role, we strongly encourage you to apply
- Previous experience in Office Management, Business Support or similar
- Exceptional organisational skills and strong attention to detail with a keen eye for accuracy
- Able to think outside of the box to get things done in the most efficient and cost effective way
- Adaptable solutions-finder to work with the needs of a quickly scaling hybrid team
- You are solutions focused always looking to make improvements
- Excellent at task prioritisation and managing your own workload
- You have great interpersonal skills and are well-known as a collaborator
What we offer
- Salary: £35,000 - £38,000
- A fun, friendly, high-calibre team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded VC-backed startup that's scaling
- Hybrid working environment with two days in the office per week (one team day and one company day) and the rest is up to you!
- A spacious and bright private office in Old Street, with delicious coffee, selection of teas and unlimited snacks and drinks
- Regular team outings like go-karting and skiing, flexible working hours, and ability to work remotely
- A range of additional benefits such as employer matched pension, level 6 (highest level) dental insurance, and an unlimited budget for books or software you need
- We offer 26 days of bookable paid holiday, plus UK bank holidays, plus unlimited ‘extra days’ - that’s a minimum of 34 days per year!
At Up Learn we welcome everyone and are committed to building inclusive teams. We celebrate differences, encourage everyone to join us and be themselves at work. We always follow the guidelines of the Equality Act in all aspects of recruitment, selection, employment, training, development and promotion opportunities at Up Learn.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Up Learn provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Up Learn is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Up Learn
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
Amazing people, amazing culture, and overall amazing place to work!
Up Learn Employee