3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
About the role
At Up Learn we are building an incredible team and culture and are very excited to start the search for Performance Marketer to own and bring best-in class execution to our paid search, display and social channels. As Performance Marketing Manager at Up Learn you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working with data and proactively implementing solutions to enhance growth across different channels. In this role you will be reporting to Head of Marketing and support the scaling of an effective marketing engine.
Up Learn supports a hybrid working environment with two days in the office per week (one team day and one company day) and the rest is up to you!
At Up Learn we use AI and cognitive science to ensure every student can achieve an A* regardless of their background. We guarantee students academic success, or their money back.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with some students starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us), helped over 40,000 students, delivered over 10,000 scholarships to disadvantaged students, and achieved a 4.9* rating on Trustpilot. We’ve raised over £3m from exceptional investors including VC Forward Partners, the Chairman of Virgin, the Former President of American Express, and the Branson family, to improve and expand our product, and create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to millions of new students every year.
What you will do in the next 6-12 months
We are growing fast and anticipate many more exciting responsibilities and projects to develop in this role.
- Growth - You’ll improve performance of paid campaigns by ensuring that the right information gets in front of the right eyes at the right time. You’ll deliver persuasive, informative, memorable and relevant ad creative; you’ll ensure that targeting is as efficient as possible; you’ll get up to speed with UI/UX best practices to ensure that landing pages give customers what they need, as early in the journey as possible
- Continuous improvement - You’ll ensure that we continue to improve our understanding of our customers and our marketing by running regular A/B tests, validating hypotheses and ensuring these learnings are effectively stored and communicated
- Data analysis - You’ll keep track of key leading and lagging indicators, helping us to stay on top of performance whilst spotting opportunities to grow revenue and optimise expenditure
- Strategic planning - You’ll help to refine our digital growth strategy, ensuring that we reach and onboard customers effectively over time
- Project and performance management - You’ll project manage freelancers to produce high-quality, reusable content. You’ll manage agencies to deliver the best possible work by focusing their priorities, holding them to high standards and setting ambitious yet achievable SMART goals. You’ll work cross-functionally with senior commercial and technical staff, communicating effectively and managing expectations
- Marketing operations - You’ll contribute towards implementing digital marketing best practices, ensuring that our systems and processes remain organised and efficient. You’ll ensure that existing tools (such as Google Analytics) remain reliable and robust, and help to implement new tools that will further leverage our resources
- Personal development - You’ll take on additional responsibilities as we grow, and assisting in the scaling of world-class growth and marketing functions at Up Learn
If you don’t meet every requirement below, but you still believe you’re the right person for the role, we strongly encourage you to apply
- 2+ years of relevant, full-time performance marketing experience at a high-growth (e.g., VC-backed) business
- Excellent analytical skills, clear and persuasive communication skills, organised and structured problem-solving skills
- A passion for education or good knowledge of the UK system
- The desire to work in an organisation that directly improves students’ lives, and to join us in our mission
What we offer
- Salary up to £50,000 per annum
- A fun, friendly, high-calibre team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded VC-backed startup that's scaling
- Hybrid working environment with two days in the office per week (one team day and one company day) and the rest is up to you!
- A spacious and bright private office in Old Street, with delicious coffee, selection of teas and unlimited snacks and drinks
- Regular team outings like go-karting and skiing, flexible working hours, and ability to work remotely
- A range of additional benefits such as employer matched pension, level 6 (highest level) dental insurance, and an unlimited budget for books or software you need
- We offer 26 days of bookable paid holiday, plus UK bank holidays, plus unlimited ‘extra days’ - that’s a minimum of 34 days per year!