1–2 days per week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health and deliver care to their people. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 18 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them – which is why we’re looking for an exceptional leader to join as our Head of Brand.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Head of Brand
The last year has been a transformative period for the topic of mental health. We've all gone on our own wellbeing journeys – for many, it has been an opportunity to reflect, for others it has been a time of struggle and resilience – but there are hopes of a silver lining.
Never before has society put such an emphasis on discussing mental health and, in doing so, many organisations have a new appreciation of what's expected of them to empower their people to live more fulfilling lives inside and outside of the working environment.
As a company, we have always believed that the positioning, narrative, and visual identity of mental health is misrepresented. If we are going to truly break the stigma and make a lasting impact in the workplace and across broader society we need to reposition the topic. We have spent the last 5 years creating the Unmind brand as a small UK startup. We are now ready to take that to the next level and are looking for someone who understands the power of brand in transforming people’s relationships with subjects and who is energised to change the relationship people have, around the world, with the topic of mental health.
Our vision is a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured and celebrated - we are looking for a Head of Brand who shares our vision and whose role it will be to define and execute a creative brand strategy to inspire organisations and their people with this vision.
In this role, you will inherit a talented team of brand and motion designers, copywriters, social media managers, freelancers, and external agencies, and will be responsible for creating a working environment where the team can flourish and grow in their careers. You will be expected to have a creative mindset and the ability to develop original ideas and unique storytelling, but with a foundation of being organised, disciplined and able to work under pressure.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Oversee the strategic and creative direction of the Unmind brand, shaping your strategy to align with company-wide objectives, our global expansion, and our long-term vision.
- Define and operationalise our brand value proposition, creative direction, visual identity, messaging frameworks, and tone of voice.
- Manage, hire, and coach our creative, brand, and communications team made up of designers, illustrators, copywriters, and social media managers.
- Identify, coordinate, and oversee the most suitable channels to activate our brand with the goal of enhancing awareness, driving adoption of the Unmind platform, and supporting lead generation.
- Set and hold a consistently high bar for design and content quality of all channels, materials, and activities by acting as our lead brand ambassador and evangelist.
- Collaborate with teams and senior leaders across the business to ensure the brand comes to life at every touchpoint. This will include the wider Marketing team as well as Content, Product Design, Product, Sales and even our People team.
- Drive brand consistency and adoption globally while facilitating international expansion and localisation of the brand where appropriate.
- Leverage clients, users, collaborators, partners, and Unmind spokespeople to bolster brand credibility and elevate our position in the market.
- Evaluate your strategy against brand objectives and audience data and provide strategic insight and guidance about ongoing brand development.
- Empower the Unmind team, our clients, and our users to become brand ambassadors.
- Make a lasting impact on the way mental health is positioned around the world!
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who:
- Have a track record of brand excellence: you have previously built brands that people love.
- Combine a passion for creativity with a commercial acumen to shape and deliver a strategy that will elevate key brand metrics while supporting a longer-term vision.
- Have experience of, and are energised by, inheriting, hiring, managing, and coaching a team, and empowering that team to think beyond their boundaries.
- Gain motivation and energy from building strong relationships and collaborating with a diverse range of individuals and teams (internal and external) in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment.
- Can manage alignment across multiple stakeholders and prioritise a broad and complex scope of work from ideation to delivery to performance analysis.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills: you use data to build and constantly improve your brand strategy and can prove your capacity to make data-informed decisions.
- Are confident to challenge the status quo, propose original ideas, and inspire those around you to share your outlook for the future direction of a brand.
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace