3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
London / Fully Remote (UK), £68,000 - £78,000 Per Annum, Permanent, 31/05/2022
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in
Technology is at the core of what we do. As a Senior Software Engineer at Unibuddy, you will be engaged in every aspect of building market-leading tech products used by universities and students. You will participate in the ideation, conceptualization, and building of these products.
As part of a rapidly growing company, you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understand the key success drivers at a high-growth company, and gain invaluable experience. Success in this role will lead to opportunities for growth across the entire engineering team with significant scope for future development.
- Collaborate with your squad, designers, product owners, and engineers to define the future of the product.
- Drive design discussions and enable the best technical decisions to be made by the team.
- Design and develop the best-in-class user experience by contributing to our design system.
- Create new proposals to improve the coding and architecture standards of the team.
- Optimize existing code, processes, infrastructure, and continuous integration.
- Mentoring other engineers and empowering them to do their best work
- Pushing amazing code to production!
This might be for you if…
- You are a big picture thinker with advanced problem-solving skills and have a passion for solving real-world problems in front-end applications.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer building highly performant and accessible front-end solutions.
- You have experience with React JS and understand the underlying concepts of modern JS frameworks such as Vue/Svelte.
- You have recent experience with React Native
- You have worked with front-end tooling libraries such as Babel, Webpack, Rollup, or similar module bundlers.
- You are proficient in writing and maintaining tests using Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress, or similar testing frameworks.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our Team
As an engineering team, we are dedicated, hardworking, and always looking to learn and improve our craft. This happens in regular knowledge-sharing sessions with our product, data and platform squads. Our team is super collaborative and has complete ownership over products.
In our work, we use industry best practices like TDD, CI/CD, and code reviews as part of building every feature. We also continually evaluate new technologies to see if they can help improve our platform. There's real opportunities to learn and develop through experimenting with new technologies in our very modern tech stack.
You can check out the technologies that we work with here: https://stackshare.io/unibuddy/unibuddy-platform
Perks and Benefits
- Stock options
- Personal development budget of £800 per year
- 25 days annual leave plus 4 days Christmas closure plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance from Bupa and mental health support from Spill
- Family friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- 2 weeks personal project time each year and 1 learning day a month
- A new MacBook Pro and additional monitor(s)
Who we are
If you’ve made it this far you probably already know a bit about us but here’s a reminder of what makes Unibuddy a great place to work!
Students are at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. We provide higher ed institutions with the right tools to enable students to connect with each other, share experiences that create a sense of belonging, and feel confident in making one of the most crucial decisions of their life.
We’re made for higher-ed marketers and recruiters. Institutions that adopt our unique peer-to-peer platform can amplify their institution's voice to support their recruitment, admissions, and retention efforts.
We rock! Our customers love us. We’re available worldwide, own 95% of the UK market, and work with more than 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries. It’s our people that make us successful, We’re a great bunch with a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, we are named as one of the top 100 workplaces for benefits, we’re Flexified and listed as one of the top three most flexible companies to work for in the UK.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you think you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your skills, a link to your GitHub or Stack Overflow is encouraged. Flaunt your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with Ben, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
🛂 Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.