3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
🗺 Company Overview
Never before has the higher education industry experienced so much change. On the heels of the pandemic, colleges and universities are taking a closer look at how they can continue to drive educational return-on-investment for their students. How institutions attract, convert and retain a diverse student population is critical to get right. That's where Unibuddy comes in.
Unibuddy is on a mission to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. Institutions that adopt our unique peer-to-peer platform are able to connect prospective students with current students and staff through one-on-one chat, communities, live events and more. In this way, Unibuddy extends and amplifies the institution's voice to support recruitment, admissions and retention efforts.
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors and now work with over 500 higher-ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide.
🧗🏾♂️ Your Mission
As a Sales Development Representative or University Partnerships Executive as we call them, you will help drive Unibuddy’s future growth by building relationships with prospective universities and helping to turn them into happy and successful users of Unibuddy.
You will manage the very start of the sales process, acting as the first point of contact for many institutions. You will nurture and qualify inbound leads, source new qualified leads to deliver to the sales team, and re-invigorate leads that have grown cold. Our clients come from all over the world and you will be responsible for developing opportunities with the team to identify key target markets, sectors, and organisations.
As we are a rapidly growing company you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understanding the key success drivers and gaining invaluable experience for your future career. Success in this role will lead to opportunities for growth across the entire sales team with significant scope for future development.
👩🏻🔧 Your day to day tasks will be…
- Develop expert-level knowledge of your territory and cultivate relationships with decision-makers across multiple Universities.
- Conduct high volume prospecting to qualify leads through calls, emails, social media, and other channels.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives to meet and exceed targets.
- Maintain strong relationships with the marketing team, leveraging campaigns to aid in outbound reach out.
- Attend in-person and virtual events, and develop personal relationships with customers and prospects.
- Understand the needs and structure of prospective universities to help solve recruitment challenges.
- Develop and implement innovative prospecting strategies.
- Gaining knowledge of Universities and how they operate all over the world.
👨🏽💻This might be for you if are…
- A dreamer. Someone who can take ownership of their territory and visualise it’s full potential
- A calculated risk-taker. You can think on your feet, act fast, and be confident in the logic behind your approach
- Humble. You are always looking to help your team, better yourself, and work toward a collective vision
- Inquisitive. Always seeking to understand, learn more, and ask why
- Organised. You’re a natural at juggling multiple competing priorities
- Resilient. “I get knocked down and I get up again” is your anthem
- Personable. With both internal and external stakeholders, you can hold your own with confidence
It would be a bonus if you can bring...
- A business degree or other related field, related work experience is also acceptable.
- Previous experience working in sales, or at a SaaS Company.
- Business level fluency in a second European language - French, Spanish, German, Swedish, Italian or Dutch.
- Experience working with Unibuddy as an ambassador.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your sales skills. Impress us.
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with Yasmin, Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com
🛂Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.