3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Closing Date: 30/06/2022
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in:
As a Sales Development Representative or University Partnerships Executive as we call them, you will help drive Unibuddy’s future growth by building relationships with prospective universities and helping to turn them into happy and successful users of Unibuddy.
You will manage the very start of the sales process, acting as the first point of contact for many institutions. You will nurture and qualify inbound leads, source new qualified leads to deliver to the sales team, and re-invigorate leads that have grown cold. Building relationships with senior stakeholders within universities will become second nature. Our clients come from all over the world and you will be responsible for developing opportunities with the team to identify key target markets, sectors, and organisations.
As we are a rapidly growing company you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understanding the key success drivers and gaining invaluable experience for your future career. Success in this role will lead to opportunities for growth across the entire sales team with significant scope for future development.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of your territory and cultivate relationships with decision-makers across multiple Universities.
- Conduct high volume prospecting to qualify leads through calls, emails, social media, and other channels.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives to meet and exceed targets.
- Maintain strong relationships with the marketing team, leveraging campaigns to aid in outbound reach out.
- Attend in-person and virtual events, and develop personal relationships with customers and prospects.
- Understand the needs and structure of prospective universities to help solve recruitment challenges.
This might be for you if…
- A dreamer. Someone who can take ownership of their territory and visualise it’s full potential
- A calculated risk-taker. You can think on your feet, act fast, and be confident in the logic behind your approach
- Inquisitive. Always seeking to understand, learn more, and ask why
- Organised. You’re a natural at juggling multiple competing priorities
- Resilient. “I get knocked down and I get up again” is your anthem
- Creative. There are a million ways to connect with prospects, and we want to encourage your creativity and help support your approach with data.
- Experienced. Everyone on the team has a voice to help us build a better way, and your experience working in SaaS and/or Education is invaluable.
It would be a bonus if you can bring...
- Previous experience working in sales, or at a SaaS Company.
- Business level fluency in a second European language - French, Spanish, German, Swedish, Danish or Dutch.
- Experience working with Unibuddy as an ambassador.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our Team
The University Partnerships team i.e. Sales team are a highly collaborative group. Through shared learning they support, champion and encourage each other to succeed. You fit in if you’re humble are always looking to help your team, better yourself, and work toward a collective vision.
Working with an Account Executive you’ll partner with them to introduce as many new Universities to Unibuddy.
Perks and Benefits
- Hybrid work environment, 1-3 days a week in the office, the rest is up to you. Flexible working hours.
- Private healthcare provided by Bupa & Mental health support provided by Spill.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & development budget of £800 with time in your working week dedicated to development activities.
- 25 days of annual leave plus 4 additional days for the Christmas break and national holidays.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Homeworking setup budget of £410.
If you’ve made it this far you probably already know a bit about us but here’s a reminder of what makes Unibuddy a great place to work!
Students are at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. We provide higher ed institutions with the right tools to enable students to connect with each other, share experiences that create a sense of belonging, and feel confident in making one of the most crucial decisions of their life.
We’re made for higher-ed marketers and recruiters. Institutions that adopt our unique peer-to-peer platform can amplify their institution's voice to support their recruitment, admissions, and retention efforts.
We rock! Our customers love us. We’re available worldwide, own 95% of the UK market, and work with more than 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries. It’s our people that make us successful, We’re a great bunch with a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, we are named as one of the top 100 workplaces for benefits, we’re Flexified and listed as one of the top three most flexible companies to work for in the UK.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your sales skills. Impress us.
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with Yasmin, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com
🛂Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.