3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
🗺 Company Overview
Never before has the higher education industry experienced so much change.
On the heels of the pandemic, colleges and universities are taking a closer look at how they can continue to drive educational return-on-investment for their students. How institutions attract, convert and retain a diverse student population is critical to get right. That's where Unibuddy comes in.
Unibuddy is on a mission to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. Institutions who adopt our unique student engagement platform are able to connect prospective students with current students and staff through one-on-one chat, communities, live events and more. In this way, Unibuddy extends, amplifies and brings authenticity to the institution's recruitment, admissions and retention efforts.
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with nearly 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors that is fueling our expansion and helping us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students in their higher ed journey.
🧗🏾♂️ Your Mission
As a Product Manager you will live and breathe your outcome and product domain. Using the broader product vision as a guide, you will ensure your team is always working on solving the problems with the greatest impact. You will be driven to provide the best possible outcome for our prospective and current students, and our customers: universities.
You will coordinate the efforts of your cross functional squad(s), enlisting their help to design and build creative, impactful, and innovative features and products. You will measure success through engagement, product defensibility, and commercial impact. Meanwhile you will measure personal development by coaching other members of the product team, becoming a domain expert in the business, and helping department leads gain cross business buy-in to your team's strategy and delivery plans. Your communication skills are unparalleled, and you use them expertly to bridge our commercial and engineering teams.
You’re someone who enjoys a challenge, and gets great satisfaction from seeing a project through from inception to launch. You’re excited at the prospect of contributing towards best practice, data driven practice, and the development of a formulaic ‘Unibuddy’ way of working.
👩🏻🔧 Your day to day tasks will be…
- Own and lead your outcome, inspiring an agile cross functional squad of engineers and product designers to deliver the right value at the right time to our users.
- Promote iterative product delivery through a rapid test-and-learn approach
- Work closely with product designers to ensure our users are at the heart of the product development process
- Define what success looks like for each product iteration and continually analyse data in order to make decisions based on reality rather than assumptions.
- Communicate the value your team has delivered to the rest of business - gain buy-in for your product strategy.
- Work closely with Product Marketing and commercial teams to successfully position and launch Unibuddy’s new products and features.
- Help define future opportunities for Unibuddy and contribute towards the wider product vision and roadmap.
- Speak to customers and domain experts to gain a deep understanding of our clients and of the higher education industry.
👨🏽💻This might be for you if you…
- Likely have 5+ years of experience in Product Management in a fast-paced startup or scaleup environment.
- Have experience working as part of an agile cross functional squad, leading Engineers and Product Designers.
- Have a passion for problem solving and understanding the why behind every feature request or customer feedback.
- Good understanding of UX, Design, Product Marketing and Engineering best practices - able to work with your peers to make recommendations and implement new process.
- Truly care about creating the best possible user experience, whilst equally considering commercial implications and value in every prioritisation decision you make.
- Know the difference between strategic and tactical moves and have a clear concept of how to contribute to roadmaps that get buy-in from all parts of the business.
- Can shape and validate a value proposition, understanding both the marketing and commercial processes.
- Have excellent communication skills and can build great relationships within the business to drive cohesion and collaboration between teams.
- Have experience in B2B SaaS products (desirable)
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
🎁 What's on offer
- Salary £65-75k, Stock options
- Private healthcare from Bupa
- Life insurance
- Highly flexible work culture, hybrid of home working and in the office. Flexible working hours
- Learning & development budget of £800
- 25 days of annual leave plus 4 additional days for the Christmas break and national holidays.
- Family friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Latest MacBook or PC. Monitor for your home is also provided.
- Home working setup.
Ready to Apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with the talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.
🛂Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.