3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
London / Fully Remote (UK), £65,000 - £75,000 Per Annum, Permanent, 31/06/2022
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in
As a Product Manager you will live and breathe your outcome and product domain. Using the broader product vision as a guide, you will ensure your team is always working on solving the problems with the greatest impact. You will be driven to provide the best possible outcome for our prospective and current students, and our customers: universities.
You will coordinate the efforts of your cross functional squad(s), enlisting their help to design and build creative, impactful, and innovative features and products. You will measure success through engagement, product defensibility, and commercial impact. Meanwhile you will measure personal development by coaching other members of the product team, becoming a domain expert in the business, and helping department leads gain cross business buy-in to your team's strategy and delivery plans. Your communication skills are unparalleled, and you use them expertly to bridge our commercial and engineering teams.
- Own and lead your outcome, inspiring an agile cross functional squad of engineers and product designers to deliver the right value at the right time to our users.
- Promote iterative product delivery through a rapid test-and-learn approach
- Work closely with product designers to ensure our users are at the heart of the product development process
- Define what success looks like for each product iteration and continually analyse data in order to make decisions based on reality rather than assumptions.
- Communicate the value your team has delivered to the rest of business - gain buy-in for your product strategy.
- Work closely with Product Marketing and commercial teams to successfully position and launch Unibuddy’s new products and features.
- Help define future opportunities for Unibuddy and contribute towards the wider product vision and roadmap.
- Speak to customers and domain experts to gain a deep understanding of our clients and of the higher education industry.
This might be for you if…
- Likely have 5+ years of experience in Product Management in a fast-paced startup or scaleup environment.
- Have experience working as part of an agile cross functional squad, leading Engineers and Product Designers.
- Have a passion for problem solving and understanding the why behind every feature request or customer feedback.
- Good understanding of UX, Design, Product Marketing and Engineering best practices - able to work with your peers to make recommendations and implement new process.
- Truly care about creating the best possible user experience, whilst equally considering commercial implications and value in every prioritisation decision you make.
- Know the difference between strategic and tactical moves and have a clear concept of how to contribute to roadmaps that get buy-in from all parts of the business.
- Can shape and validate a value proposition, understanding both the marketing and commercial processes.
- Have excellent communication skills and can build great relationships within the business to drive cohesion and collaboration between teams.
- Have experience in B2B SaaS products (desirable)
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our Team
Our Product Team(s) are made up of a crack team of problem solvers, creatives, and fun loving people who’re riding the bleeding edge of product and design tech/best practice. Our number 1 goal is to have fun at work. If we're not doing some of the things we love, our creative outputs will show it, and the students who use our product will feel it!
We are proud of our ability to stand-up for our end user and for ethical forward-thinking design practices. We put our students first and most importantly we are a team of like minded people that CARE. Empathy/compassion with action is KEY. We are committed to humility and "we" before "I". There is no blame over failure, rather, you'll find teachable moments and learnings from our continual discovery process and the room to fall we provide.
Perks and Benefits
- Stock options
- Personal development budget of £800 per year
- 25 days annual leave plus 4 days Christmas closure plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance from Bupa and mental health support from Spill
- Family friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- 2 weeks personal project time each year and 1 learning day a month
- A new MacBook Pro and additional monitor(s)
Who we are
If you’ve made it this far you probably already know a bit about us but here’s a reminder of what makes Unibuddy a great place to work!
Students are at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. We provide higher ed institutions with the right tools to enable students to connect with each other, share experiences that create a sense of belonging, and feel confident in making one of the most crucial decisions of their life.
We’re made for higher-ed marketers and recruiters. Institutions that adopt our unique peer-to-peer platform can amplify their institution's voice to support their recruitment, admissions, and retention efforts.
We rock! Our customers love us. We’re available worldwide, own 95% of the UK market, and work with more than 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries. It’s our people that make us successful, We’re a great bunch with a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, we are named as one of the top 100 workplaces for benefits, we’re Flexified and listed as one of the top three most flexible companies to work for in the UK.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you think you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your skills, a link to your GitHub or Stack Overflow is encouraged. Flaunt your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with Ben, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com
🛂 Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.