3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
London / Fully Remote (UK), £80,000 - £90,000 Per Annum, Permanent, 15/09/2022
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in
As an Information Security Manager you will bring your skills and experience in modern security practices to help Unibuddy achieve and maintain compliance with modern standards. This will encompass both internal systems and also the products we create for our customers.
You will work with our Global IT Manager, Head of Legal, Engineering Leadership and other key stakeholders, to establish a risk management approach to security and governance across the organisation.
- Work alongside our Global IT Manager and team to design and execute our information security vision and approach
- Help to instil a strong and efficient information security culture throughout Unibuddy by focussing on security awareness, response management, access controls and other pillars
- Partner with our development, infrastructure, and legal teams to ensure that processes and programs are in place from a product perspective
- Continuously improve and strengthen our information security controls, particularly with respect to cybersecurity risks
- Work with external parties to perform security audits, penetration, and vulnerability assessments.
- Responsible for vendor security audits and collaborate on data privacy impact assessments (DPIA)
- You’ll bring your proven experience of NIS Regulations and the Cyber Assessment Framework (CAF) as well as ISO27001
- Serve as liaison to external auditors and customers in examinations of the company's security program
- Maintains and oversees the execution of an incident management process
- Evaluate security requirements in context with other business requirements and recommend measures to manage risk and adequately secure information systems.
- Work to attain and maintain our certifications (ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials, etc.) and more.
- Work with our Sales teams to provide assurance to potential customers to reduce friction in the sales cycle
This might be for you if…
- You have a background in Information Security, and hold a CISSP or other qualifications.
- You enjoy partnering with one or more disciplines, lines of business, regions or locations to respond to evolving business requirements and emerging threats. You'll also leverage your expert knowledge of today's ever-changing cybersecurity and risk landscape to influence IT operations across the firm.
- You enjoy working collaboratively with those around you, will be improvement focused and will make information security accessible to those that you partner with.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
About our Team
This is a truly cross-functional role and you’ll collaborate with all areas of the business and our customers. With this opportunity as the information security manager at Unibuddy, you’ll bring best practices in this space to build out and harden our security posture in the coming 12 months.
There are real opportunities to learn and develop your skills through experimenting and implementing new technologies regularly.
Perks and Benefits
- Stock options
- Personal development budget of £800 per year
- 25 days annual leave plus 4 days Christmas closure plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance from Bupa and mental health support from Spill
- Family friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- 2 weeks personal project time each year and 1 learning day a month
- A new MacBook Pro and additional monitor(s)
Who we are
If you’ve made it this far you probably already know a bit about us but here’s a reminder of what makes Unibuddy a great place to work!
Students are at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. We provide higher ed institutions with the right tools to enable students to connect with each other, share experiences that create a sense of belonging, and feel confident in making one of the most crucial decisions of their life.
We’re made for higher-ed marketers and recruiters. Institutions that adopt our unique peer-to-peer platform can amplify their institution's voice to support their recruitment, admissions, and retention efforts.
We rock! Our customers love us. We’re available worldwide, own 95% of the UK market, and work with more than 500 higher ed institutions in 35 countries. It’s our people that make us successful, We’re a great bunch with a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, we are named as one of the top 100 workplaces for benefits, we’re Flexified and listed as one of the top three most flexible companies to work for in the UK.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you think you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your skills, a link to your GitHub or Stack Overflow is encouraged. Flaunt your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with Ben, Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com
🛂 Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.