Fully flexible hours
Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
A true generalist people role, as our new People Coordinator you will undertake a variety of support duties for the Employee Success team here at Tyk. You will facilitate daily people activities like keeping track of employees records, co-ordinating development activities, assisting with projects and supporting the recruitment process. Tyk is growing rapidly so opportunities for growth and development will be abundant and to that end, you will want to not only develop, but also be unafraid of offering your suggestions and ideas as to how we can do things better here at Tyk. This will be a great role for someone who is really looking to develop their skills within a fast paced, rapidly growing organisation that puts its people first. If the above sounds like you then read on to find out more!
Here's what you'll be getting up to:
- Respond to internal and external people related inquiries or requests and provide assistance as required.
- Upload new starters to the HR System and ensure right to work documents and paperwork are relevant.
- Maintain records of personnel-related data on the HR system (payroll, CV’s, role changes, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.)
- Ensure Organisation Charts are up to date and internal moves administered correctly.
- Support Global Payroll activities.
- Write internal move, salary review, reference request and any people related letters.
- Support the input of monthly people KPIs and develop reports to support the process.
- Help to ensure the Employee Success Team internal page is up to date.
- Monitor people processes, such as return to work, absence, 6 month reviews.
- Provide administrative support for movement between countries (payroll/ contract changes, visa advice)
- Support with Employment pass and international Visa processes.
- Take, record and upload minutes from people related meetings.
- Record exit interview outputs and draw themes for improvement.
- Coordinate and promote internal coaching programmes, manage delegates on online learning platforms and support career path activities.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Proven experience as a People/HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position within a tech start up - ideally in a remote first environment
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using G Suite (Google Drive and Gmail, in particular)
- Experience with people databases and HRIS systems and ATS Software (e.g. Workable)
- Payroll experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Learning and Development experience preferred.
At Tyk we believe that experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes us stronger, creates a problem-solving environment and inspires creative thinking. As such even if you don’t tick all of the above points but still think you could be amazing - we’d love for you to tell us why!
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io