Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
- We want to continuously iterate and improve our offering without compromising the stability or long-term maintainability of our systems.
- We serve millions of API requests with a 99.5% availability SLA. Our platform must remain a reliable foundation that our customers can build upon as we expand (new products, new geographies, more volume).
- We want TrueLayer to be an exceptional place to work. We want our processes and interactions to stay honest, genuine and human as the company grows.
- We want our engineers to grow with us. To have the opportunity, the guidance and the support to develop their technical and core skills to the fullest within the organisation.
What we expect from you, as a Software Engineer
- Aim to reach proficiency as a user of our platforms (AWS, Kubernetes, Prometheus/Grafana, etc) and our tools (Rust and .NET), based on the team tech stack. Training will be available to boost your current knowledge.
- Collaborate with Product stakeholders and iterate fast on product development.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Help the rest of the team to deliver in fast and safe iteration cycles promoting design patterns, testing and automation.
- Advocate for operational readiness, help the team to maintain dashboards and alerting systems and eventually participate in the incident response process.
- Contribute to cross-team technology efforts by joining our engineering guilds.
- Align with our values and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work.
Benefits and Compensation
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡 and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧 Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- A one-off contribution of €200 to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👨👩👧
- Meal vouchers for every day you’re working, including while remote
- €1200 to spend on learning & development each year 📚
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏻♀️
- CCNL commercio (contratto collettivo nazionale di lavoro)
€42,000 - €57,750/yr + Equity (ITA)
- Experience working in any common backend language/framework such as Rust, .NET, Java and Go.
- Understanding of common design patterns and principles, and how/when to apply them.
- Familiarity with API design and experience with at least one web framework.
- Knowledge of at least one SQL or NoSQL database technology.
- Understanding of microservice architecture, its advantages and associated challenges.
- Familiarity with testing best practices — TDD, unit testing and integration testing. How/when to apply them.
- Interest in observability and alerting in mission-critical distributed systems.
We’d be particularly excited if you have:
- Understanding of protocol buffers, gRPC, and message queue systems.
- Experience building libraries and involvement in open source software.
- Hands-on experience with AWS and infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform.
About our hiring process
Our hiring process typically consists of four stages:
Full details on the interview process, including preparation tips and the qualities we look for in future TrueLayeristas, can be found on our blog.
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (and know what an API is).
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options TrueLayer provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure TrueLayer is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland
What employees are saying
"I love that there is a high level of trust of employees. This fosters a highly productive environment where people really give their all."
Anonymous TrueLayer Employee