Remote-first - We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
The Integration Sales team is a vital part of our Commercial Organisation, and has 3 key responsibilities:
- Integration - Taking our customers live
- Technical Sales - Providing technical know-how to the sales conversation to win deals
- Product Feedback - Acting as the bridge between our customers & product development
We rely on them to take our biggest customers live - quickly and with exceptional quality. We rely on them to build relationships with customers and provide world-class service. We rely on them to pick up on the way customers use our products and make suggestions for improvement.
If you are tech savvy (not necessarily a developer), enjoy customer-facing challenges, have great project management skills and are excited to play a part in our story, we want to hear from you!
As one of our Integration Sales Managers, you will:
- Build ongoing trust with both customers and internal teams.
- Act a ‘trusted technical advisor’ for the customer, all the way from sales → go-live.
- Project manage the integration process, matching great customer service with a drive towards speed and quality.
- Show leadership internally, by identifying and pushing better ways of working.
- Work closely with our sales teams to win deals, by providing technical expertise.
- Advocate for our customer’s needs, by delivering insightful feedback to our product teams.
- Work cross-functionally every day. Integration Sales is a bridge between many teams.
- Do strategic planning. Everyone needs to think ahead to how we’re improving for the future.
What we need from you:
- Be a real team player. Caring personally about your teammates.
- Have experience in a customer-facing role, ideally Technical Sales, Solution Engineering, Implementation, Onboarding, Delivery, Customer Success, Technical Account Management, Technical Support or Developer Relations.
- Great communication with internal/external stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
- A proactive mindset. Identifying problems, finding solutions and following them through.
- Strategic thinking. Balancing our urgent priorities with long-term projects.
- A keen interest and understanding of APIs. What’s your favourite API?
- A keen interest in Fintech and Payments. What’s your favourite Fintech product?
Nice to have:
- Experience working in Payments, Open Banking, FinTech or Financial Services.
- Any previous work in a SaaS company or with APIs.
- Design skills and an eye for UX/UI.
- Languages beyond English.
- Interests you’re passionate about outside of work.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home and our incredible offices in London, Milan, Sydney and Dublin
- A £150 remote-working budget to help you set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private health insurance from the day you start
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of the holiday allowance)
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the world
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).