3-4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Having a new house is great. Getting a new house isn’t. It's a big life moment and can be complicated and scary for all of us.
That's why we’re on a mission to remove risk so people can move fearlessly. We use tech, design and data to make dealing with clients secure and friction-free for lawyers and professional services across the property sector.
Since our co-founders, Jack and Olly, founded Thirdfort in 2017, we’ve grown from a single London office to an amazing, international team of over 80 with team members also in Manchester and Sri Lanka. We are backed by big-hitting investors, including Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla and Cazoo), leading law firm Mishcon de Reya and HM Land Registry. We already work with over 550 property and legal businesses to help streamline their processes and keep security top of mind, and we're growing. We're serious and we're ambitious. Come join us.
We opened a new software development office in Sri Lanka for the first time in February 2020. The office is conveniently located in Malabe in a house that has been converted into an office, with break out spaces, garden and bedrooms for staff if needed. We currently have 14 full stack software engineers and are looking to hire many more: we plan to grow the office to 30+ staff by the end of 2022 and continue to grow it from there.
The Sri Lanka team works very closely with the engineering team in London which is currently 10 people strong and led by our CTO Udi.
As a team, we promote ownership and transparency and are creating an environment where people can challenge anyone regardless of tenure or experience. We operate a flat structure where collaboration and openness is valued and everyone's voices are heard.
For this position we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer (so someone who has operated at a Senior/ Staff level in another company) who will be helping build out our back end working with APIs and advanced data structures, and contributing towards developing our beautiful front end web portal.
We've just returned to the office and are looking for someone to be mainly office based, as we want you to be part of all the conversations within the team. However we offer very flexible hours and the possibility to work from home sometimes. We will also continue to closely monitor the covid situation as the health and wellness of our employees is our number one priority.
Our Tech stack
We have a detailed web portal that is used by the lawyers and estate agents in the UK (built in React). We are cloud hosted and have a JSON REST API backend (primarily Node.js and GO), microservices architecture and cryptographically secure sensitive data storage.
What we're looking for someone who:
- Has several years of software engineering experience
- Can work with or can quickly get comfortable with: React, Go, Node.js, Git.
- Has a strong understanding of software engineering principles (data structures, searching and sorting algorithms, etc)
- Has a flexible, lean and nimble approach to building software
- Is customer centric and works well with product owners
- Is a great communicator and decision maker that understands the commercial impact of technical and design decisions.
- Is a humble worker, strong team player and knows how to get the best out of others
- Wisdom - Strong opinions weakly held. The ability to argue your corner but give it up easily when consensus is against you even if you're right
Life at Thirdfort
We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Annual bonus scheme for Sri Lanka employees
- Customisable wellness budget with our partner ThanksBen
- Employees and their immediate family will be covered by a comprehensive medical insurance scheme. Employees are entitled to life insurance.
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.