3-4 days per week at home
Fully flexible hours
Having a new house is great. Getting a new house isn’t. It's a big life moment and can be complicated and scary for all of us.
That's why we’re on a mission to remove risk so people can move fearlessly. We use tech, design and data to make dealing with clients secure and friction-free for lawyers and professional services across the property sector.
Since our co-founders, Jack and Olly, founded Thirdfort in 2017, we’ve grown from a single London office to an amazing, international team of over 90 with team members also in Manchester and Sri Lanka. We are backed by big-hitting investors, including Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla and Cazoo), leading law firm Mishcon de Reya and HM Land Registry. We already work with over 550 property and legal businesses to help streamline their processes and keep security top of mind, and we're growing. We're serious and we're ambitious. Come join us.
We are seeking a Product Designer with a passion for finding solutions that allow customers to intuitively use our products. The ideal candidate will be skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of the customer.
You will work with other designers as the team builds and cross-functional team members. You will rely heavily on both qualitative and quantitative data to make informed design decisions.
The current UX / UI team consists of Kate who is our UX / UI Design Lead who recently joined the business to build out the user experience and design function and our UX researcher.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Setting design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Identifying new product improvement opportunities.
- Analysing how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- Staying up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication.
- Modifying and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences.
- Working closely with product engineers and managers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Presenting product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Maintaining and contribute to the Design System and its functioning parts.
- Educating the wider business and stakeholders with best practise design and process.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, wire-framing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Has an intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Is able to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Is able to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Has a well-rounded and crafted portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives and design.
- Has the ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
- Has passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
- Has creative problem-solving skills
- Has a dynamic, creative personality and is effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
- Can provide assistance to product engineers when needed
- Can recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques
- Is fluent in Sketch and prototyping platforms.
Life at Thirdfort
We want you to move fearlessly. That's why we’re building a culture where ambitious people can be themselves and make an impact. When you join Thirdfort, you’ll get immediate access to our flexible employee benefits package that aims to set you up for success:
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.