Despite mountains of supposed anti-fraud paperwork, a friend of founders Olly and Jack still got defrauded out of £25k when trying to buy a property in 2017.
This personal experience led them to discover that a torrent of money laundering and payment fraud (over £100bn every year) was hurting professional services across Legal, Property and Finance. Back in 2017, anti-fraud tech didn’t exist and both professionals and their clients were suffering enormously.
Olly and Jack quit their jobs to build the first platform that would bring together digital KYC, open banking-powered AML and secure payments. First of its kind, this all-in-one platform enables professionals and their clients to transact safely and seamlessly. We want to help people move fearlessly.
Starting at the intersection of property and legal (Property Lawyers), we have since expanded into full service Legal, Property and Financial Services are coming next.
Over 850 businesses now trust Thirdfort to provide beautifully secure experiences. The Thirdfort mobile app is downloaded by their clients over 50,000 times every month.
We’ve raised over $25m from VCs Breega and Element Ventures with the founders of Zoopla, ComplyAdvantage, Tessian, Fidel and Funding Circle giving their personal backing.
Thirdfort's team size and revenues have increased dramatically in the last 2 years. The team is now almost 100 strong (across 2 offices), our tech is used by 700+ businesses and our app has been downloaded by more than half a million consumers. We have very ambitious plans to grow the business and a huge market opportunity to go at. We have shown fantastic traction with our product in the last 3 years since launch and we believe it is now the right time to super charge our GTM strategy. The Head of Sales will sit at the heart of this strategy and lead us into the next phase of growth, both in terms of team and revenue growth.
- Own the overarching Sales strategy
- Responsible for ultimate revenue growth
- Responsible and accountable for all key Sales metrics (Leads Generated, Demos Sat, Conversion Rates, Time to Convert)
- Further develop and execute the go-to-market strategy for the direct sales channel
- Hire, lead, coach, and develop a sales team, ensuring they meet and exceed their targets. Currently the team consists of four SDRs, a SDR Manager and two BDMs
- Optimise our existing sales process to grow new revenue and achieve revenue targets
- Work closely with the other revenue functions, including Marketing to generate demand, the Onboarding and Customer Success team to maximise revenue from new business and Partnerships on new partner projects and opportunities
- Work with Commercial Finance and Data
- Manage their own strategically significant and complex sales opportunities as needed, and assist your team to unblock deals
- Analytical and data driven. Comfortable leaning into the data to inform strategy on which channels to ignore and which to double down on
- Thrive on working in a collaborative, open environment that is full of smart people who aren’t afraid to challenge one another
- Natural curiosity around the product and the ability to form a strong relationship with the product team.
- A world class communicator; distilling complexity into simple and clearly articulated
- Work closely with other commercial teams; especially BD in establishing what works best
- Strong communication / relationship management skills - you will need to be able to inspire and lead the team while building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders. You’ll be a team player who will be able to work well with other team leads across the business. As a scaling startup with big growth plans, we’d expect this person to be comfortable rolling up their sleeves and pitching in where necessary
- Currently in Head of Sales role or Leadership role within Sales
- Experience of working in a SaaS company, ideally B2B
- Has previously owned the vision / strategy / execution of a Sales team/function. Ideally you will have experience of building and leading a Sales function from an early stage of team growth.
Life at Thirdort
- Flexible Working Hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Work from home allowance
- Unlimited annual leave
- Unlimited sick leave
- Access to Spill, our mental health partner
- Regular company and team socials
- Bi-weekly Lunch & Learns sessions, as well as an uncapped budget for personal development
- Wellness campaigns, including #wellnesswednesdays which provides wellness prompts & tips to the team and a no internal meeting day
- Share options for all UK employees
- Customisable wellness budget and discounts on well-known brands with our partner ThanksBen
We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse culture where everyone has a chance to make a difference. We’re purposefully building a team of problem-solvers that reflect our values - which is why we hire from all backgrounds. If you're an ambitious, talented individual who takes ownership, you'll be a great Thirdforter.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, please let your dedicated Talent Manager know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Thirdfort provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Thirdfort is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Thirdfort
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Manchester & Sri Lanka
What employees are saying
"I really love the fully flexible working. I don't feel pressured to be in the office any particular number of days per week. This is good because when I do come in, I feel like I really want to be there, and can make use of the time much more effectively. This also makes me value having an office space that we can use as and when we need or want to."
Anonymous Thirdfort Employee