Senior Software Engineer (Front End)
About the role
Following some exciting project wins we are currently recruiting for an experienced front-end Senior Software Engineer to join our friendly development team at our head office in Newcastle upon Tyne (hybrid working available).
We are seeking a motivated, hands-on front-end web developer to join the team. Front-end developers are responsible for building new websites and web applications, and helping to maintain existing websites. This involves working closely with our creative team to produce web pages using semantic mark-up and with server-side developers to implement and develop complex, interactive and data-driven websites.
- Develop and maintain client websites.
- Develop product functionality in line with agreed plans to set deadlines.
- Work alongside server-side developers to create solutions to technical issues across product development, ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Assist with customer support.
- Continually apply best practices to your workflow.
- Proactively keep up to date with the latest technologies and trends in software development.
- Experience translating visuals and wireframes into semantically correct web templates.
- Knowledge of design principles and the ability to translate these into fluid and responsive templates.
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE10+ & Evergreen Browsers.) for dynamic web applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (building sites to at least an AA standard)
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills. You are a thinker, a logical mind ready to tackle the day-to-day challenges all modern web developers face. You seek best practices and share your knowledge with others. You love working in teams, collaborating with developers and designers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages.
- Experience working with version control systems such as GIT.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies.
Working knowledge of:
- C# / .NET / .NET Core (.NET 5.0)
- Content management systems, eg. Umbraco
- Azure Dev Ops
- Azure Cloud
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Shout Digital provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Shout Digital is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Shout Digital
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
Since covid, management have really taken into account what they have learnt during the 2 years we were all working from home and I think this is indicative of how much they are striving to improve working at Shout.